advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The Geraldo Rivera Horndog Security Act
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 30, 2017 03:49PM
Geraldo tweets out his ‘rules’ for getting this whole sexual harassment thing right.
“#SexHarassment allegations should require: 1-made in a timely fashion-say w/n 5 yrs. 2-some contemporaneous corroboration, like witnesses, electronic or written communications. W $ settlements in multi-millions slight chance exists some victims are motivated by more than justice”

And...
“This issue is so red hot right now there is no room for any thought or opinion but hang em high. If News wasn’t (formerly) a flirty biz then how do we explain so many newsroom courtships that have led to happy marriages?”

He has since offered... clarification.
“Reaction to my tweets today on #sexharassment makes clear I didn't sufficiently explain that this is a horrendous problem long hidden-Harassers are deviants who deserve what is coming to them-Often victims are too frightened to come forward in a timely fashion-I humbly apologize”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Geraldo Rivera Horndog Security Act
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: November 30, 2017 03:57PM
So he's a word harasser eh?

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: November 30, 2017 04:06PM
Says the guy who (allegedly) pawed Bette Midler:

[www.mercurynews.com]

Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 30, 2017 04:07PM
GuyGene
So he's a word harasser eh?

Who is now worried about keeping his current gig.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 30, 2017 04:40PM
......this just resurfaced....

Bette Midler: Geraldo Rivera Has Not Apologized For 1991 Groping

.....The resurfacing of a 1991 video clip of Bette Midler telling Barbara Walters that she’d once been groped by Geraldo Rivera is like “a gift from the universe,” Midler tweeted today.

“Tomorrow is my birthday,” said Broadway’s Hello Dolly star. “I feel like this video was a gift from the universe to me. Geraldo may have apologized for his tweets supporting Matt Lauer, but he has yet to apologize for this.” Midler ended her message with #Me Too.

Yesterday, Rivera drew outrage when he tweeted about Lauer, “News is a flirty business & it seems like [the] current epidemic of #SexHarassmentAllegations may be criminalizing courtship & conflating it [with] predation.” He added that harassment allegations “shouldn’t be used to get even w bad bosses or hated ex’s.”

Rivera’s employer, Fox News, said it was “troubled” by his comments, and Rivera later apologized in a string of tweets, saying, among other things, that he “didn’t sufficiently explain that this is a horrendous problem long hidden.”

The controversy led to the viral resurfacing of the Walters-Midler clip, in which Midler calls Rivera a “slimy talk show host” and recounts being interviewed – and groped – by Rivera in the 1970s.

“This was when [Rivera] was very, sort of, hot,” Midler tells Walters in the video. “And he and his producer left the crew in the other room, they pushed me into my bathroom, they broke two poppers and pushed them under my nose and proceeded to grope me. Groped me. I did not offer myself up on the altar of Geraldo Rivera. He was, he was unseemly.”

Rivera acknowledged the encounter back in ’91, when the seriousness (or lack thereof) given to the subject of sexual harassment can be glimpsed in the title of Rivera’s memoir: Exposing Myself. In it, Rivera wrote about Midler, “We were in the bathroom, preparing for the interview, and at some point I put my hands on her breasts.”

Here is Midler’s tweet from earlier this afternoon, with the Walters clip:

Tomorrow is my birthday. I feel like this video was a gift from the universe to me. Geraldo may have apologized for his tweets supporting Matt Lauer, but he has yet to apologize for this. #MeToo pic.twitter.com/TkcolFWfA2
— Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) November 30, 2017

Geraldo....groped......the Divine Ms. M......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: November 30, 2017 08:01PM
Seems to me Geraldo was trying to get out in front of the oncoming train wreck and derail it before it got to him. Now that the Bette Midler thing has come out into the open, I wonder if he has a Plan B.

Never was a big fan of his. He always seemed to consider himself an expert on whatever he was covering or doing.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 01, 2017 06:55AM
....he has the obligatory......'bad guy moustache'........twirling......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 189
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015