advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
New Saturn V rocket - $119
Posted by: p8712
Date: December 06, 2017 07:46AM
Some Assembly Required - 1969 Pieces These go OOS often. I'm seriously fighting the urge not to get one for my father, who remembers this era.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: New Saturn V rocket - $119
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 06, 2017 07:48AM
Sorry, not the real deal.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: p8712
Date: December 06, 2017 07:50AM
Speedy
Sorry, not the real deal.

It is - if you can throw hard enough.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 06, 2017 09:51AM
Anything is a rocket with enough dynamite...
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: December 06, 2017 11:55AM
1969 pieces. Nice touch.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: December 06, 2017 01:08PM
Nice. My grandad helped build the real thing. He was a NASA lifer.
Posted by: davester
Date: December 06, 2017 02:23PM
It really needs to come with a launch gantry. Now that would be a cool lego model. I'm sure someone has built one.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: neophyte
Date: December 06, 2017 03:14PM
What, fuel not included?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: December 06, 2017 03:24PM
4 "K" class engines, and 1 "M" class engine. I don't know where you can get those. Homemade perhaps?

I guess it also helps to launch somewhere where "g" is a bit less.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: December 06, 2017 05:50PM
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 05:51PM by ztirffritz.
Posted by: davester
Date: December 06, 2017 09:02PM
Full disclosure...I built a 6-foot tall Saturn rocket with a first stage powered by eight Estes "D" engines (configured as two attached four-engine stages on the bottom of the Saturn 1st stage) back when I was just out of college. Not only that, but it had an electrical switch attached to one of the first stage engines that triggered and battery-ignited a single "D" engine powering a third stage (the Saturn second stage). Not nearly as exciting as launching a 36 foot tall rocket but it was pretty cool, and scared a number of people with the incredible noise and column of fire and smoke. Not only that, but having the second stage actually have a separate ignition and flight was amazing to watch, especially for folks who didn't know that would happen. I'm reasonably sure that all this was illegal.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 07, 2017 12:56AM
Good thread - thanks for the tip on the Lego - I wanted to buy one but missed the previous in-stock opportunities, and neat videos which lead me to this one:

[www.youtube.com]

Reminds me that I've got a model rocket I received as a gift sitting in a box around here somewhere.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 07, 2017 08:05PM
I currently have the Space Shuttle below waiting in the wings, still sealed. Not sure whether to build it or sell it.
I paid $100 for it. Some sold in the last month or so in the $350-475. range. If I could find a used one
cheap enough I'd sell the sealed one and build the used one for display. I need the Saturn V to go with it.

[rebrickable.com]

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015