Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon Music Unlimited - 99¢ for 3 months - New subscribers only
Posted by: steve...
Date: December 06, 2017 12:17PM
3 months for 99¢ – Limited Time Only

Anyone recommend this? Might be nice for the holidays.

After 3 months: $7.99/mo for Prime members, $9.99/mo for Non-Prime

Amazon Music Unlimited

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon Music Unlimited - 99¢ for 3 months - New subscribers only
Posted by: mikebw
Date: December 06, 2017 12:21PM
We jumped on that. It is nice, but I plan on dropping it after 3 months.
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 06, 2017 01:00PM
mikebw

What if you really like it?
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: December 06, 2017 01:07PM
I did the 6-months for .99 deal that ended recently. Very nice for that price, but I wouldn't pay $8/month for it.
Date: December 06, 2017 01:21PM
Will Collier
I did the 6-months for .99 deal that ended recently. Very nice for that price, but I wouldn't pay $8/month for it.

Don't you miss the music you "curated" for yourself. I'm unwilling to do these music services because of this so I just buy all of my music.
Date: December 06, 2017 04:16PM
vision63
Will Collier

Don't you miss the music you "curated" for yourself. I'm unwilling to do these music services because of this so I just buy all of my music.

In my case, yeah. It's nice to tell Alexa to play anything you can think of, but I have a huge library without a streaming service, and really prefer to buy on physical media anyway.
Date: December 06, 2017 04:20PM
Will Collier
vision63
Will Collier

In my case, yeah. It's nice to tell Alexa to play anything you can think of, but I have a huge library without a streaming service, and really prefer to buy on physical media anyway.

Yeah. We painstakingly built up lifetime collections.
Date: December 06, 2017 04:25PM
vision63
mikebw

We are already Prime subscribers, so the Unlimited would be on top of that, and the regular Prime music selection is pretty good. Aside from all the extra holiday music we are getting now I doubt I will miss it.
Date: December 06, 2017 04:33PM
mikebw
vision63
mikebw

We are already Prime subscribers, so the Unlimited would be on top of that, and the regular Prime music selection is pretty good. Aside from all the extra holiday music we are getting now I doubt I will miss it.

I have Prime too. I have music?????
Date: December 06, 2017 04:40PM
vision63
Will Collier
vision63
Will Collier

Yeah. We painstakingly built up lifetime collections.

Right. Try as she might, Alexa will never find, for instance, the Black Crowes acoustic live tracks that I bought on the "b-sides" of CD singles at Tower Records in London nearly 30 years ago. But I know exactly where they are.
Posted by: MacJeepster
Date: December 07, 2017 05:52AM
I have Amazon Prime. I recently started using Amazon Music for workouts at the gym.
Over 2 million songs for "free," with no ads, which are plenty for me and a far better deal than unlimited, with tens of millions of songs for any price.

-mj
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 07, 2017 09:01AM
YouTube Red is $15/month for family plan and includes Google Play Music. No ads on YouTube videos and a terrific music service for the family. Cannot beat that.
Date: December 07, 2017 03:00PM
vision63
mikebw
vision63
mikebw

Yep. If you have an Alexa enabled device, or probably just the Amazon Music app, you should be able to sign in with your primary Amazon account user credentials and have access to the Prime music library. Other users on the same Prime account do not have access, but with our Echo Dot it is easy to say "switch accounts" and then get to whatever you want.
Date: December 07, 2017 03:14PM
mikebw
vision63
mikebw
vision63
mikebw

Yep. If you have an Alexa enabled device, or probably just the Amazon Music app, you should be able to sign in with your primary Amazon account user credentials and have access to the Prime music library. Other users on the same Prime account do not have access, but with our Echo Dot it is easy to say "switch accounts" and then get to whatever you want.

Cool. Alexa is built into my HTC U11 phone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 63
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015