advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
back in the high life again?!......Apple releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 06, 2017 03:05PM
....fixes compatibility with 3rd party USB devices....

Apple Releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 With Compatibility Improvements for Third-Party USB Audio Devices

....Apple today released macOS High Sierra 10.13.2, the second update for the macOS High Sierra operating system available for Apple's Macs. macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 comes a little over a month after the release of macOS High Sierra 10.13.1, the first update to High Sierra.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 can be downloaded directly from the Mac App Store or through the Software Update function in the Mac App Store on all compatible Macs that are already running macOS High Sierra.

No major outward-facing changes were found in macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 during the beta testing period, but according to Apple's release notes, it offers security and feature improvements. The update improves compatibility with third-party USB audio devices, it introduces better VoiceOver navigation when viewing PDF documents in Preview, and it improves the compatibility of Braille displays with Mail.

The macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.

This update:

- Improves compatibility with certain third-party USB audio devices
- Improves VoiceOver navigation when viewing PDF documents in Preview
- Improves compatibility of Braille displays with Mail

For more information on the macOS High Sierra operating system, make sure to check out our dedicated macOS High Sierra roundup.

another update.........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2017 03:11PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: back in the high life again?!......Apple releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update.....
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: December 06, 2017 03:23PM
Good. I can warehouse it with the other uninstalled High Sierra stuff on my system.
Re: back in the high life again?!......Apple releases macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 update.....
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 06, 2017 03:26PM
I'm sticking with Sierra for now. The new file system has me a bit skittish.

Grateful11
Posted by: riley5108
Date: December 06, 2017 04:07PM
I just installed the new El Cap Security Update 2017 005 and Safari 11.0.2 so staying with El Cap until I file taxes. Have Sierra installed on an external drive and right now it doesn't seem to offer much and High Sierra file system worries me,

Grateful11
The new file system has me a bit skittish.
Agree...

- Riley
Southern Indiana, B-Town
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 06, 2017 06:14PM
Does anyone know whether Apple included the root/passwordless authentication bug that they put out an emergency update for in 10.13/10.13.1 - but which would get regressed if one applied it then upgraded to 10.13.1?

Because if they did NOT include fix integral to 10.13.2 then whoever's in charge of their QA should be looking for a new position; or whoever would be responsible for approving shipping a new OS build with a bug like this known to be included.
Posted by: hal
Date: December 06, 2017 07:25PM
Took forever to find the combo update link: [support.apple.com]
Posted by: davemchine
Date: December 06, 2017 11:01PM
Given Apple's recent track history I wouldn't touch High Sierra with a 10ft pole.
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 07, 2017 12:49AM
gabester
Does anyone know whether Apple included the root/passwordless authentication bug

Obviously I meant fix for the bug... and yes, it is apparently included in 10.13.2 (but not in 10.13.1 because it would be too much work for Apple with all the money in the world to recompile a new build of the OS to replace one buggy library's "logic error.")
Posted by: Pops
Date: December 07, 2017 01:35AM
I've had no issues with High Sierra (10.13.1) on a late 2011 MB Pro, but assume that this update doesn't affect me, as it doesn't show up in software updates.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: December 07, 2017 05:49AM
I'm staying with Sierra a while too. Plus, my 128 GB drive is almost full. Mistake by getting 128!

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015