advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
dethroned?!.....'Game of Thrones' fans, some bad news......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 08, 2017 08:38AM
....no new episodes until 2019.....a lot of post production work.....so you will have to wait for the final season......

Game of Thrones Star: HBO Series' Final Season 'Comes Out in 2019'

.....Viserion, Drogon, Rhaegal? You’ve (almost) officially got the coming year off.

Game of Thrones won’t air any episodes in 2018 — and will instead premiere its final season in 2019 — got even more backup Wednesday when star Sophie Turner said as much in an interview with our sister site Variety.

“Game of Thrones comes out in 2019,” the actress said when discussing release of her upcoming work, including the film X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

Turner’s comments are just the latest in a growing pile of evidence that the wait for the fantasy series’ return will be longer than expected. HBO programming president Casey Bloys hinted at Season 8’s 2019 start in a June interview, but couched that he’d have a better idea of timing and scheduling once showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss were farther along writing the final run’s episodes.

Then, in October, Turner’s castmate Liam Cunningham said that Thrones was gearing up to start production on the last season and would be shooting through summer 2018 — which, given the amount of post-production work the show requires, wouldn’t leave much time for a Season 8 premiere by the end of that year. In the Variety interview, Turner confirms that there are “six or seven months left” in shooting Season 8.

A rep for HBO would not confirm Turner’s comments, noting that no scheduling decisions have been made yet.

that is a long waiting time...............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: dethroned?!.....'Game of Thrones' fans, some bad news......
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 08, 2017 10:35AM
At least one of the dragons is dead from old age waiting for the next season. The Stark family puts on a combined 250 pounds sitting around eating, waiting for the ice zombies to attack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2017 10:35AM by Steve G..
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: December 08, 2017 11:17AM
Steve G.
At least one of the dragons is dead from old age waiting for the next season. The Stark family puts on a combined 250 pounds sitting around eating, waiting for the ice zombies to attack.
And Tyrion finally has a growth spurt and will be six inches taller when the season begins. It’s explained way as “dragon lifts”.
Date: December 08, 2017 11:20AM
Blankity Blank
Steve G.
And Tyrion finally has a growth spurt and will be six inches taller when the season begins. It’s explained way as “dragon lifts”.

But not nearly as much as Brandon Stark, who at 7'4" now plays center for the Three Eyed Ravens.
Posted by: vision63
Date: December 08, 2017 11:27AM
Since I don't want it to end, I'm fine with this. If we're still alive, it'll pan out.
Date: December 08, 2017 11:38AM
I think their main problem (at least as a TV show) is making the Ice Folks even the least bit interesting. They don't talk, the bosses move slowly, the 'soldiers' are one-note special effects cliches. Pretty dull for the worst bad guys of all time.
I'm sure that in the books, assuming they ever get published, the situation is more interesting. But putting it on the screen is a real problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 210
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015