advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Air your First World Grievances here
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 30, 2017 02:27PM
I hate autoplay ads and videos, especially when I forgot I left the volume on for a previous video that had low volume.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Air your First World Grievances here
Posted by: Winston
Date: December 30, 2017 02:34PM
Robocalls.

Full dependence on electricity. If it's out, the world stops. (Which might not be a bad thing, unless it's freezing or really hot.)

Worrying too much about little things can insulate us from the joy of life.

Having too many "things" add complication. (See line just above.)

Loss of contact with nature.

In some cases, loss of contact with community.

Many more if I worked on it, but there's a theme to most of what I've gotten so far.

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: what4
Date: December 30, 2017 02:49PM
People who are so desperate for problems to exercise their abilities on, that they blow up minor situations into crises, just to have something to do.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: December 30, 2017 02:57PM
Flying sucks!

Will add more info once I’m at my destination.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 30, 2017 03:05PM

Keep getting Sarah Connors' voice mail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2017 03:08PM by Steve G..
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: December 30, 2017 03:32PM
People that interrupt you in conversation. This irritates the hell out of me. Someone is speaking, and before they can finish their sentence, someone else jumps in and drowns out the person speaking with what THEY think is more important to the conversation.

I see it happening more often than not and it bugs me. Hold yer dang tongue until the person is done speaking!! nono smiley

Oh, and stickies here on the forum. I suspect they're pretty much unwanted most of the time, and when one is appropriate, it hangs around waaaaay past it's prime. censored smiley

Less stickies please, and when necessary, give them a short expiration date. Or, no stickies at all would be pretty great.

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: December 30, 2017 05:36PM
Rick-o
People that interrupt you in conversation. This irritates the hell out of me. Someone is speaking, and before they can finish their sentence, someone else jumps in and drowns out the person speaking with what THEY think is more important to the conversation.

I see it happening more often than not and it bugs me. Hold yer dang tongue until the person is done speaking!! nono smiley

Yes, exactly Rick-o!
I also don't understand peoples need for alcohol all the time. I have no problem with someone having a drink now and then, but I know many act like they can't function, have a good time, or cope with a hang nail without alcohol. I do not need to be drunk to cope with life, have a good time or anything. Now some are obsessing over the recreational pot deal. Another way to alter yourself, or to "escape". I don't get it.
Life is good! Sober up, smell the roses and see for yourself.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: Drew
Date: December 30, 2017 06:18PM
I live in Japan, where taking the train is a normal part of daily life. So frustrated to be walking through a crowded station (they're always crowded) and having to dodge dawdlers mesmerized by their smart phone.
Posted by: 3d
Date: December 30, 2017 06:46PM
Imitation Q-tip cotton swabs should be outlawed.
"Views" counter on the Tips and Deals section should be removed similar to the Ranting side.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: December 30, 2017 08:07PM
Easy remove toilet seats.

Stupid solution to a problem no one knew they had.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: December 30, 2017 08:16PM
Was just talking to a friend. He's upset that he can't get FiOS in his new apartment.

He's stuck with 100Mbps Internet from Comcast on a 2yr move-in bundle with cable TV and phone service that's less per month than I'm paying for 20Mbps Internet alone.

Poor kid. Has to rent the modem.

Posted by: steve...
Date: December 30, 2017 08:44PM
Jacked-up, big-tired monster pickup trucks. I don't get it.

Loud people, especially in stores. I don't need to hear your buying preferences from two aisles away.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: gabester
Date: December 31, 2017 10:21AM
Call center service desk strategy - as it currently stands - is less about providing customer service and support and more about controlling costs. The MBAs running things look for metrics that essentially are recursive: "Agents became more productive by handling x+1 calls over the previously measured period" but usually the deep questions aren't asked. How many calls have been deterred by long wait times, confusing support trees, or didn't have their issue addressed because it didn't fall into a reflexive problem resolution table.

Modern devices getting thinner / lighter but missing key features and/or interfaces.

Emoji don't need "updates" every 3 months... and if they do, why are there still no redheaded ones? Every other natural hair/skin tone combination is represented.

Bitcoin (and cryptocurrency in general). I still say it's a scheme by an incipient AI to trick humanity into contributing computing cycles to the AI's benefit.

Airport security.

People who judge others as getting what they deserved with only superficial information about the impacted individuals.
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: December 31, 2017 01:54PM
I don't like those web forms that ask me to confirm my email address or password... it's just another opportunity to mistype it.

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 31, 2017 05:14PM
Prime taking 3 days instead of 2.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: December 31, 2017 05:35PM
pRICE cUBE
I hate autoplay ads and videos, especially when I forgot I left the volume on for a previous video that had low volume.

No problem. Use Safari.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 31, 2017 07:50PM
jdc
Prime taking 3 days instead of 2.

I KNEW someone would bring this up. BUT, when my step-son was in the hospital, he got an Amazon Now delivery of a 3 lb bag of gummy bears in 70 minutes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 289
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015