advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Home Depot Coupon or discount
Posted by: Microman
Date: January 07, 2018 10:18AM
I need to spend some money on drywall and mud, is there any 10% off coupon. I am not a veteran.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Home Depot Coupon or discount
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 07, 2018 10:55AM
Check ebay.. There are two types - one comes in the mail, the other is a code that is emailed to you (you order everything online for instore pickup). Lowes has cut out the 10% coupons, no idea if HD has.

You can also generally get a discount if you take out the store credit card.

I decided the hassle wasn't worth it anymore, and just pay retail.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Winston
Date: January 07, 2018 12:00PM
Store credit card was my thought. There might be an initial additional discount first time you use it.

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 07, 2018 12:00PM
[www.retailmenot.com]

There's a $5 off $50 in there. YMMV
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 07, 2018 12:02PM
You can get $25 off your order, if you apply for and are approved for an HD credit card.
I have seen a few 10% off HD cards come through but no idea where they got them. I think they were mailed out but not sure who got them.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Winston
Date: January 07, 2018 12:25PM
rgG
You can get $25 off your order, if you apply for and are approved for an HD credit card.
I have seen a few 10% off HD cards come through but no idea where they got them. I think they were mailed out but not sure who got them.

From THE SOURCE!

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: steve...
Date: January 07, 2018 01:07PM
When I bought a 100' roll of corrugated drainage pipe, my local ACE lumber yard was about 15% cheaper than Home Depot for the same product. Might not hurt to check around.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 07, 2018 01:34PM
change of address packet from the post office sometimes has a 10% Lowes coupon.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Date: January 07, 2018 02:57PM
steve...
When I bought a 100' roll of corrugated drainage pipe, my local ACE lumber yard was about 15% cheaper than Home Depot for the same product. Might not hurt to check around.

If you find an ad that is cheaper, for the exact item, bring it in and ask for “Meet and Beat” and you will get the ad price plus 10% off.

Posted by: The Grim Ninja
Date: January 07, 2018 04:41PM
Menards is offerring an 11% rebate this week. Home Depot always matches it. Check [www.homedepotrebates11percent.com] to see if your store is one of them.

*Note, Home Depot will match, day-for-day the dates of the Menards rebate. They are, however, slow to update their site/terms.
Posted by: Carm
Date: January 07, 2018 05:14PM
Lowes has $10 off $50 online orders sometimes. Check ebay, I never get them from Lowes directly except when I filled out the movers thing with USPS and I spend a lot of money there these last two years renovating my house. The HD Coupons I have seen online are usually Fake and my local HD won't take them.
Posted by: The Grim Ninja
Date: January 07, 2018 08:02PM
Also of note, Lowe's too matches the Menards 11% rebate, but they do it on their own timeline. Theirs will run from the 11th to the 17th. [slickdeals.net]
Posted by: steve...
Date: January 07, 2018 10:33PM
rgG
steve...

If you find an ad that is cheaper, for the exact item, bring it in and ask for “Meet and Beat” and you will get the ad price plus 10% off.

Thanks! I didn't know HD did that. thumbs up

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 07, 2018 11:29PM
And Lowes will do a 10% price match for Home Depot as well.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 07, 2018 11:56PM
And ebates sometimes has bonus days/weeks w/ extra rebate % at Lowes, True Value and Ace, though not at HD, Menards or OSH.
==
Date: January 08, 2018 08:05AM
Racer X

Yes, but you should be shopping at HD not Lowe’s. grinning smiley

My daughter has some stock HD that her grandfather gave her years ago, before he died. The good news is that the stock is now around $185-$190. Bad news is, her basis in the stock is $10. He bought the stock a looooong time ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 08:07AM by rgG.
Posted by: vicrock
Date: January 08, 2018 10:59AM
Sometimes you can get a discount on gift cards for HD or Lowes at Card Bear or the like
Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: January 08, 2018 01:23PM
There's a running thread on Slickdeals that contains the current Lowe's coupon codes for 10% off, $10 off $50, $20 off $100, and more:

[slickdeals.net]

Online only, but you can select store pickup as your "delivery" option. I have used the coupons several times for electrical, insulation, and appliances, and there's no reason they wouldn't work for drywall as well.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 08, 2018 05:53PM
Pretty sure the kid's basis should be the price HD stock was at
when gramps died, not when he purchased it. She should be entitled to the stepped-up basis, so hopefully the bad news isn't that bad.
==

rgG
Racer X

My daughter has some stock HD that her grandfather gave her years ago, before he died. The good news is that the stock is now around $185-$190. Bad news is, her basis in the stock is $10. He bought the stock a looooong time ago.
Date: January 08, 2018 06:17PM
He gifted it to her BEFORE he died, so no step up in basis, unfortunately. sad smiley

Buzz
Pretty sure the kid's basis should be the price HD stock was at
when gramps died, not when he purchased it. She should be entitled to the stepped-up basis, so hopefully the bad news isn't that bad.
==

rgG
Racer X

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 221
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015