advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
GeneL ?
Posted by: chopper
Date: January 08, 2018 02:26PM
Anyone heard anything? I have not read any mentions in a while.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: GeneL ?
Posted by: billb
Date: January 08, 2018 03:12PM
[forums.macresource.com]

just resting I hope

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 08, 2018 04:28PM
Yeah, I've been wondering about Gene too. He was having some illness lately. Hope and pray all is well.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 06:40PM by GuyGene.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 08, 2018 05:49PM
Might just be recovering from his surgery to place a fistula for dialysis.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: January 08, 2018 06:44PM
billb
[forums.macresource.com]

just resting I hope

I follow that link and it gives me a last post today (and 4 minutes in the future). If I do an advanced search on the forum for author "GeneL", the last post date is two weeks ago.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 08, 2018 06:54PM
MikeF
billb
[forums.macresource.com]

just resting I hope

I follow that link and it gives me a last post today (and 4 minutes in the future). If I do an advanced search on the forum for author "GeneL", the last post date is two weeks ago.

4 minutes in the future" probably a time zone issues

It means he was active 56 minutes ago, but that could be checking the forum. last post was a while ago.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: January 08, 2018 07:01PM
Hi guys. Thanks for asking.
I'm actually in the middle of a dialysis session right now.
I haven't felt much like posting since I started dialysis. I realy hate to say that I have been depressed about my health, my situation at home and the lack of support from my son and his family.
I'm having tough time keeping myself motivated to keep going, which is why I haven't been posting. I don't want to burden my friends on the forum with my depression.
Other than that, Happy New Year!

gl @ Dana Point, CA
Posted by: Golfer
Date: January 08, 2018 07:05PM
GeneL
Hi guys. Thanks for asking.
I'm actually in the middle of a dialysis session right now.
I haven't felt much like posting since I started dialysis. I realy hate to say that I have been depressed about my health, my situation at home and the lack of support from my son and his family.
I'm having tough time keeping myself motivated to keep going, which is why I haven't been posting. I don't want to burden my friends on the forum with my depression.
Other than that, Happy New Year!

You're no burden Gene, and besides we can take it. Let us help anytime you need it.
Posted by: Drew
Date: January 08, 2018 07:18PM
No burden at all Gene! Glad to hear from you any time.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 08, 2018 07:21PM
Good to see you posting GeneL!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 08, 2018 07:25PM
Tell your nephrologist just what you posted!!!! They can give you some good drugs. And don't forget to have a few margaritas before each of your sessions! (But don't drive on the way there.)

Dialysis is tough on the system. It will take time to learn the many variations that can be done in a session to make it go more smoothly. Always let the staff know about how you feel if things are not going as expected.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 08, 2018 08:45PM
GeneL
I don't want to burden my friends on the forum with my depression.
To be blunt, it's far more of a burden to wonder and worry about you then it would be to read posts from you about being depressed. At least we would know you are still around, and perhaps some of us can help you along. Speedy posted some good suggestions, and I'm sure other folks have experience in your various maladies that they can share with you.

If you aren't up to writing a long post, maybe just check in with a Howdy once in a while. Like calling Mom and Dad to let them know you got home safely. smiling smiley

Posted by: Pam
Date: January 08, 2018 09:03PM
Thinking you're a burden here is part of the depression. Don't let the beast lead you astray! I concur to let your doctors in on your depression.
Posted by: vicrock
Date: January 08, 2018 09:17PM
We all care about you, and if posting here helps lighten your mood, we are here to help!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 08, 2018 09:54PM
[www.paddyjokes.com]

it's genel joke time!

I'm in for an ethnic joke... apologies to all who "may take offense"
Posted by: Randalls
Date: January 08, 2018 10:02PM
Sorry to hear you are having a tough patch but it is good to hear from you. Please talk to your Doc about your thoughts. We are all rooting for you.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 08, 2018 10:19PM
Ok Gene, hang in!! Glad you let us know.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 08, 2018 10:52PM
Pish! Everyone goes through rough patches. We are here for you. Just reach out when you need to.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 08, 2018 11:19PM
Pam
Thinking you're a burden here is part of the depression.
That is a really good point, and quite true. Thanks for bringing that up, Pam.

Posted by: blooz
Date: January 08, 2018 11:24PM
Gene! We're here for you! If you are depressed, let us know. If you are happy, let us know. We want to know because you are one of us and we want to be there for you. So we can't take away any of your physical problems—we can still address your emotional needs, and we want to be there for you.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2018 11:24PM by blooz.
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: January 08, 2018 11:33PM
GeneL, glad you're hanging in there. We're always happy to hear from you.

Forumite Speedy definitely has the knowledge about what you're going through, so please take his advice and tell the docs and clinic staff how you're feeling.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: January 08, 2018 11:34PM
Gene--this is a community-your community. Wishing you well!!
Posted by: Winston
Date: January 08, 2018 11:40PM
So I should probably evidence my sense of humor that my wife says has her doomed, since all our kids share it.

You need new kid knees. But my kid's knees hurt all the time due to Osgood-Schlatter's. So be careful what you wish for!
Osgood-Schlatter's

Being sick can be very depressing. And being depressed can make you really sick. And even in Southern California, winter isn't as cheery as other times. Look for the moments of joy, and when you can't, those here will help find them for you.

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 09:18PM by Winston.
Posted by: DP
Date: January 09, 2018 06:28AM
Don't you ever think you're a burden here! Depression is half the battle back to good health and we have your back on this! Nobody here will ignore you, and that's one thing for certain and two things for sure (as a drill sergeant told us many times when we were down in the dirt doing push-ups).

Posted by: prymsnap
Date: January 09, 2018 07:15AM
Winston
Being sick can be very depressing. And being depressed can make you really sick.

Boy, that's the truth. While we can't help you with the physical, we're with you in spirit 24/7. Never, ever a burden.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 09, 2018 11:49AM
Don't deprive us of you, GeneL!!! This place needs you (you know how you can tell? This thread, duh.), so please don't disappear on us. Sending you lots of love and support, for what it's worth from afar.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 205
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015