advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How would organize this?
Posted by: Jerry®
Date: January 09, 2018 05:48AM
I do a lot of product reviews of various gadgets and gizmos for new companies from China and I need to figure out a good system for organizing the correspondence between the company and myself. I need some sort of way to organize the emails of who contacted me (marketing rep) from what company, along with their corresponding product(s). I want it to be as simple as possible - meaning no spreadsheets, etc. I'd like to be able to do it within an email app somehow or an email app paired with some sort of organization app. What's happening now is I just flag the emails that invite me to test a product which becomes confusing when I have a bunch of emails flagged and I need to find the email about testing a company's new drone to tell them that my review is ready, etc. Maybe trying to organize everything inside an email app is not the best way?

So, I need a mobile app that will let me keep track of when I was contacted, by whom (email address) and for which product basically AND be able to mark it completed/in progress, etc. Am I making sense? Anyway, any helpful ideas appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 05:51AM by Jerry®.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How would organize this?
Posted by: Drew
Date: January 09, 2018 06:27AM
How about creating mailboxes that correspond with a certain company/project? I have several mailboxes that I've created to organize my mail by topic and keep my Inbox clear. You can also make a smart mailbox that will automatically file mail based on your parameters.
[support.apple.com]
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: January 09, 2018 06:37AM
I'd use a Gmail account and a Google Docs spreadsheet so it's easy to move back and forth.

Posted by: jdc
Date: January 09, 2018 01:46PM
Mailboxes and rules -- simple to setup and makes orgainizeing easy.

I have 20 clients and all their emails are moved with rules directly to their own folders. Silly simple and I can find any email from any client instantly.

I even have one client with 10 contacts, they each have their own folder inside the main one. So the main folder gets a "1" and I open it to see who its specificlly from.

I might get 200 emails a day, but only 20 in my inbox.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: DewGuy
Date: January 09, 2018 07:58PM
I don't know of a solution on mobile, but for MacOS's Mail the MailTags add-on might do the trick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2018 07:59PM by DewGuy.
Posted by: Jerry®
Date: January 10, 2018 02:48AM
jdc
Mailboxes and rules -- simple to setup and makes orgainizeing easy.

I have 20 clients and all their emails are moved with rules directly to their own folders. Silly simple and I can find any email from any client instantly.

I even have one client with 10 contacts, they each have their own folder inside the main one. So the main folder gets a "1" and I open it to see who its specificlly from.

I might get 200 emails a day, but only 20 in my inbox.

Can I do this using either Outlook or Mail on my phone? And what kind of rules do you have setup?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 191
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015