advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Is there a way to keep my brother on my Apple Music account but have him pay for his own apps and subscriptions?
Posted by: stephen
Date: January 10, 2018 10:01AM
Mentioned this a while ago; the Zoosk thing.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is there a way to keep my brother on my Apple Music account but have him pay for his own apps and subscriptions?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 10, 2018 10:27AM
Without paying for Apple Music Family?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Re: Is there a way to keep my brother on my Apple Music account but have him pay for his own apps and subscriptions?
Posted by: Done
Date: January 10, 2018 11:11AM
Yes, he has to load a iTunes card and have it loaded to his account, that is the way I do it. I assume your talking about the Family Plan. I wish you could pay different ways but that is the only way I found that works. My son pays for the whole family and my subscriptions would come off his card if my iTunes wasn't loaded with money but when loaded it always comes from me.
Posted by: Winston
Date: January 10, 2018 02:02PM
Done
Yes, he has to load a iTunes card and have it loaded to his account, that is the way I do it. I assume your talking about the Family Plan. I wish you could pay different ways but that is the only way I found that works. My son pays for the whole family and my subscriptions would come off his card if my iTunes wasn't loaded with money but when loaded it always comes from me.

That's a good workaround. It has bothered me for a long time that Apple wouldn't let you use different payment methods for different family members. I've always wanted my kids to pay for their own iTunes purchases. Once they had ATM cards we could link them to their own accounts, but then trying to play music, and sometimes movies, in the house can get weird. I think I've still got some music that ended up on my Mac from shuffling computers around years ago that "belongs" to one of my kids, so I can't move it over to my iPhone.

Good luck.

- W

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 314
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018