advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Redeeming CHASE points
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 10, 2018 10:43AM
I used my Freedom Chase card because they were doing 5% during December. I don't usually use this card but since it was for groceries.....well, I went to redeem my points and 44.00 available but applied to credit at Amz and some other retailers only worth 35.00.

I find this strange. There must be a reason but since the Amz Visa is a Chase Visa and so is the Freedom card...I don't understand.

I got the full amt by routing to my "other bank" checking account.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Redeeming CHASE points
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 10, 2018 12:44PM
Weird. Hope my new Amex points card will work. samin, somebody will come along who knows.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: wurm
Date: January 10, 2018 02:34PM
We have a Chase Freedom card and I just let the points grow until I just take a credit on the account, since that it our main credit card. The only reason I can think of for your off amount on the Amazon card is that they may be available only in preset denominations. In other words, you got a $35 Amazon "gift card", and the remaining $9. is still in your Chase Freedom points account.

Just a thought.
Posted by: Done
Date: January 10, 2018 03:10PM
Well it's opposite on Bank of America, my points aren't worth as much for Amazon as some of the other stores. So it must be a behind the scene deal from the company, I'm sure the credit card company tries to pay them less than the amount they will give.
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 10, 2018 03:12PM
There was a separate button for gift card. And yes those are only for certain amounts but other companies I could get 44.00 credit but not Amz it was a separate button.

Also, I don't ever use my Freedom card because it doesn't have 5% or even 3% I can count on because I get discount gas at a grocery store and some cards don't list Walmart Market for points. But thanks for your input.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 89
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018