advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Youtuber gets ad deal canceled after filming dead body in Japanese forrest known for suicides
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 10, 2018 07:36PM
[kotaku.com]

Logan Paul, one of YouTube’s biggest stars, recently visited Aokigahara, which is known as the “suicide forest.” There, he appears to have encountered a dead body that he filmed and uploaded.

Paul’s vlog featured footage of the body with the face blurred out.

“This is not clickbait. This is the most real vlog I’ve ever posted to this channel,” Paul says in the clip’s intro (via Select All). “I think this definitely marks a moment in YouTube history because I’m pretty sure this has never hopefully happened to anyone on YouTube ever. Now with that said: buckle the fu__ up, because you’re never gonna see a video like this again!”

However, besides filming the actual body, Paul and members of his team certainly seemed to make light of the situation (here is an edited recap of their reactions), joking around. In the clip, for example, the BBC reports that one of group member says off camera he “doesn’t feel good.” To which Paul replies, “What, you never stand next to a dead guy?” He laughs after that.

[kotaku.com]

YouTube star Logan Paul, who caused an international controversy last week when he made a film inside Aokigahara, known as Japan’s “suicide forest,” has had a lucrative ad deal cancelled, while all of his original YouTube Red deals are now on hold.

On January 9, YouTube released a statement acknowledging the outcry, and promising that steps would be taken: We expect more of the creators who build their community on @YouTube, as we’re sure you do too. The channel violated our community guidelines, we acted accordingly, and we are looking at further consequences.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Youtuber gets ad deal canceled after filming dead body in Japanese forrest known for suicides
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: January 10, 2018 07:49PM
Took them a very long time by normal YouTube standards.

I wonder how much money they made off of the views in the time since it was published.

Re: Youtuber gets ad deal canceled after filming dead body in Japanese forrest known for suicides
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 10, 2018 11:35PM
I'm sure Youtube was shocked, shocked!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"Trump is a moron." -- Steve G.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 11, 2018 09:09AM
Who?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 11, 2018 11:25AM
.....Logan's.....Run............

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 11, 2018 01:07PM
Onamuji
Took them a very long time by normal YouTube standards.

I wonder how much money they made off of the views in the time since it was published.
The YouTuber get's 45% I believe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 222
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018