advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Oh No!!!
Posted by: jh
Date: January 11, 2018 08:24AM
Batten down the hatches, protect the women and children. Quick run to the grocery and buy bread and milk!

Forecast a high of almost 70 today then.........freezing rain, sleet, and snow tomorrow.

Nashville Forecast:
A cold front will bring scattered showers on Thursday, with the best chance for rain on Thursday night and into early Friday. Rain will turn to a rain and snow mix overnight Thursday and into Friday before snow during the day on Friday.

The northwestern part of our region will begin seeing the impacts during Friday morning's commute.

The snow will taper off from west to east Friday night, but bitterly cold temperatures this weekend will keep road problems around for several days.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Oh No!!!
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 11, 2018 08:55AM
Mr. Bill!

Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 11, 2018 08:55AM
As Metallica would say, sad, but true.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 11, 2018 09:53AM
I know. It's back up to 60° here. Yucky fog, dampness, but I like it better than the midwest -2°!!

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 09:53AM by GuyGene.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: January 11, 2018 11:27AM
GuyGene
I know. It's back up to 60° here. Yucky fog, dampness, but I like it better than the midwest -2°!!

Ditto here in central AR -- 60s and foggy. Almost muggy, but not quite that warm. However, temps are expected to dip into the 20s tonight and we may see some snow flurries, but the big worry (IMO) will be icy roads in the morning when all this dampness and rain freezes up.

Posted by: rz
Date: January 11, 2018 11:29AM
When I was a teenager, my family lived in Chattanooga for a couple of years. One winter, we got 6" of snow, and it crippled the town for a week. The snow had mostly melted where we lived by Wednesday, but schools were closed through Friday.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 11, 2018 01:34PM
Please stay safe, another region gets a to experience freezing floodwaters.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: riley5108
Date: January 11, 2018 03:32PM
Yep, stay safe.

Southern Idiana is under a Winter Weather Warning until Saturday, rain, freezing rain, sleet, and accumulating snow. I hate freezing rain...

- Riley
Southern Indiana, B-Town
Posted by: blooz
Date: January 11, 2018 07:28PM
Seems like it's going to be nasty everywhere.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: Winston
Date: January 11, 2018 08:39PM
Atlanta had a couple three days after the cold last week when everything was wet. The cold ground condensed water on everything.

I think we're probably headed to about the same weather as Nashville. To be cold tomorrow night.

- W

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: jh
Date: January 11, 2018 09:02PM
Gonna be a little chilly the next few days in my area. Not as cold as it was a few days ago but still.

Nashville:

Posted by: richorlin
Date: January 11, 2018 09:20PM
It's crazy here in WASHDC. Right now at 10PM it's 56 and tomorrow should have a high of 65.
Must be all the hot air coming out of the Capital and the White House.

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]
Posted by: Winston
Date: January 11, 2018 09:34PM
We've had a local "Capitol City Nissan", and I've seen other similar references to the Capital City. (Capitol City Theater, Capitol City Cinema, Capitol City Opera, Capitol City Brewing Co., etc.) But I am surprised that the Capitol doesn't float in D.C.

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 11, 2018 10:27PM
We are expecting ice and then snow tomorrow afternoon and evening. Yay
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2018 06:19AM
....ice....ice....baby.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 219
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015