The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Woman Returns Dead Christmas Tree to Costco on Jan. 4
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 11, 2018 01:33PM
Gets full refund.

[fortune.com]

If you don’t need your Christmas tree after Dec. 25, you might be able to get a full refund.

A woman in Santa Clara, California was spotted returning a Christmas tree to Costco on Jan. 4. She returned the tree “because it [was] dead,” a shopper waiting in line behind her said according to The Sun, and got her money back.

“I can’t make this stuff up,” Scott Bentley, who took a photo in the refund line, wrote on Facebook.

Costco gave the woman her refund after questioning her, verifying the purchase on her Costco account and shaming her “to a small degree,” the other shopper said.

The refund attempt riled up people online who couldn’t believe someone would try to return their Christmas tree well into the new year.

“People like this are miserable. Seriously, how cheap can you be?” one commenter said.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Woman Returns Dead Christmas Tree to Costco on Jan. 4
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 11, 2018 01:40PM
....we can't judge.....'whither'.....this is right or wrong.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: billb
Date: January 11, 2018 01:51PM
1 viral bizarre return nets XX Sam's memberships.

How many wonder if this was scripted like so much "live" TV and media politics.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: 3d
Date: January 11, 2018 01:53PM
How much is the tree? $20?
That's nothing compared to the people (in the past) who've returned $2000+ TVs the day after the Superbowl. Enough people have done it to warrant a change in policy.

Posted by: Michael
Date: January 11, 2018 01:54PM
They'll take anything back. But, when somebody clearly is abusing it like this, I think they should have a policy of refunding their membership and cancelling it.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 11, 2018 02:07PM
I had to take back a pair of smoke detectors from well over a year ago, no problems, even though I had smashed one with a hammer...
Posted by: TLB
Date: January 11, 2018 02:12PM
As an aside, when IKEA first entered the US market, they used to "rent" Christmas trees. IIRC they would give back half the purchase price if you returned it to the store. The had a big shredder that would convert them to mulch (or starter material for their furniture) on the spot.
Date: January 11, 2018 02:18PM
TLB
As an aside, when IKEA first entered the US market, they used to "rent" Christmas trees. IIRC they would give back half the purchase price if you returned it to the store. The had a big shredder that would convert them to mulch (or starter material for their furniture) on the spot.

Speaking of IKEA, they want women to pee on their ad to "activate" the coupon for a discount on a crib if pregnant.

I wonder how their cashiers feel about accepting these urine soaked coupons.

[www.adweek.com]
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 11, 2018 02:22PM
GGD
TLB

Speaking of IKEA, they want women to pee on their ad to "activate" the coupon for a discount on a crib if pregnant.

I wonder how their cashiers feel about accepting these urine soaked coupons.

[www.adweek.com]

As Jimmy Kimmel said, if you're not pregnant, then why do you want to buy a crib, you weirdo!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 11, 2018 02:28PM
....they don't care......cause as far as they are concerned.....urine...the money.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: January 11, 2018 02:33PM
mrbigstuff
you weirdo!

I just like soaking my coupons in urine, got a problem with that?
Posted by: Microman
Date: January 11, 2018 03:38PM
Costco raised the price of their Latte Coffee Cold Ice Cream like drink from 1.49 to 2.99 today.
Date: January 11, 2018 03:41PM
Microman
Costco raised the price of their Latte Coffee Cold Ice Cream like drink from 1.49 to 2.99 today.

Got to pay for those returned Christmas trees somehow.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 11, 2018 03:50PM
That's pathetic.

Costco's Christmas trees are excellent. We've bought ours there the last three years, and every time we got a much better quality and longer-lasting tree than at any of the parking lot pop-up stores we'd used previously--and for about half the price (went up from $30 to $35 last year).
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 11, 2018 04:32PM
...and this is why we cannot have nice things...
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 11, 2018 04:57PM
Will Collier
That's pathetic.

Costco's Christmas trees are excellent. We've bought ours there the last three years, and every time we got a much better quality and longer-lasting tree than at any of the parking lot pop-up stores we'd used previously--and for about half the price (went up from $30 to $35 last year).

How long do they last? I usually get mind around Dec 10-15 and keep them until Jan 8-10. About 10 years ago I got one from Home Depot and it started falling apart as soon as I got home and but the net it was wrapped in. Ever since I drive to a local farm and cut one myself, can't get any fresher than that. prices are higher, this year I paid $55 IIRC. But we like this and I support local economy.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: January 11, 2018 05:06PM
MrBig,

People put all sorts of items on registries including cribs. That and there is nothing stopping someone from buying a crib to give as a gift to someone. One of my older brothers and his wife gave us a crib for Little M shortly before she was born. We were thrilled!

Robert
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 11, 2018 06:04PM
space-time
Will Collier
That's pathetic.

How long do they last? I usually get mind around Dec 10-15 and keep them until Jan 8-10. About 10 years ago I got one from Home Depot and it started falling apart as soon as I got home and but the net it was wrapped in. Ever since I drive to a local farm and cut one myself, can't get any fresher than that. prices are higher, this year I paid $55 IIRC. But we like this and I support local economy.

We bought all three on or around Black Friday, and took them down at New Year's. Two out of three had no problems, the other got a little dry.

I do like going to a tree farm, but there aren't any nearby. I got spoiled as a kid, one of our neighbors had a Christmas tree farm just across the highway from our neighborhood. Now those were great trees.
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: January 11, 2018 06:57PM
We tried a tree farm one year. I didn't know they're only for rich people now. Fortunately, the tree farm also had pre cut trees for a fraction of the price.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Date: January 11, 2018 07:13PM
M A V I C
We tried a tree farm one year. I didn't know they're only for rich people now. Fortunately, the tree farm also had pre cut trees for a fraction of the price.

what do you mean "they're only for rich people now"?
Date: January 11, 2018 07:56PM
if they started organizing weddings, all men would wed there. Why bother with divorce when you can return her to Costco? LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 192
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018