Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Russian armored personnel carrier beer run
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 11, 2018 09:00PM
[jalopnik.com]

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--7ElGu_B_--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/ddjclxr3dwdgi3ibtfej.png

A resident in Apatity, Russia (near the top of Finland and north of the Arctic Circle) this week, stole the vehicle from a driving school and “went on it to ride around the city,” reports local news outlet Hibinform.

What driving school has an APC, we really have no idea.

Witnesses said that he seemed drunk when he “proceeded to slam the [armored personnel carrier] into the window of a convenience store,” wrote Reuters. He managed to crush a Daewoo as well, which could or could not be considered a crime.

The Russian outlet wrote that he then entered the shop he’d smashed and stole a bottle of wine, which was later found in his possession when he was arrested.

I have no idea what led up to this, but at some point he must have looked around at the vehicles available to him and decided than an armored people carrier with a continuous track was the perfect thing for a late-night booze run. Personally, I would like to find the driving school that stocks APCs.

It seems like no one was hurt, thankfully. And never drink and drive, APC or no APC.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Russian armored personnel carrier beer run
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 11, 2018 10:30PM
Year ago I worked with a guy who was one of the instrumentation designers for the Manhattan Project. You know, that amazing high speed film camera. They had his group set up on an island off Florida. They had their own. DC-3 and would do weekend burger and beer runs.
Posted by: rexs
Date: January 12, 2018 12:05AM
Several years ago I went to an estate sale in Portland. Went through the house and saw nothing really unusual . The work shop /garage was as large as the house. Walked in the door and this the star of the man cave. It was street legal. I was told he would make a run to Safeway every once in a while . Must have been a hoot to live next door to this fellow.

http://i3.wp.com/racem.org/wp-content/uploads/parser/Ford-m8-1.jpg
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: January 12, 2018 08:04AM
Yeah, no keys required for (most) military vehicles.

Rumors are this is why they (now) chain up the Humvees at the local Guard armory...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 08:05AM by Bill in NC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 239
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015