advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RIP: Doreen Tracey dies [ original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer ]......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2018 06:39AM
.....one of the original nine........at 74 from pneumonia...

Doreen Tracey Dies: Original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer

......Doreen Tracey, one of the nine original Mouseketeers on Disney’s Mickey Mouse Club who later starred in movies and TV, became the publicist for Frank Zappa and worked at Warner Bros, has died. She was 74. Tracey died Wednesday of pneumonia in Thousand Oaks, CA, after a two-year battle with cancer.

Tracey was born on April 3, 1943 in London to American vaudeville performers. The family returned to the U.S. soon after and her father opened a dance studio in Hollywood, where Doreen learned to sing and dance. At age 12 she landed a role on Mickey Mouse Club, the Disney variety series that first aired on ABC in 1955, weeks after Disneyland opened.

She was on the show its entire four-year run, in a group that included Annette Funicello (she later appeared on Funicello’s spinoff series Annette). The gig led to a role in Disney’s 1956 film Westward Ho the Wagons! that starred a pre-Daniel Boone Fess Parker. In the 1960s she had several TV guest-starring roles and also toured American military bases in South Vietnam and Thailand with her own act.

Later, Tracey became a publicist to Zappa and had a long career in administration at Warner Bros. But she remained close to her Disney roots, appearing at conventions and performing in reunion shows including the series’ 60th anniversary celebration in 2015.

“Our Dodo, as we lovingly nicknamed her, always had a smile on her face,” fellow Mouseketeer Tommy Cole said. “She never failed to make us all feel good, and we will miss her.”

Tracey is survived by her son, Bradley; and grandchildren Gavin and Autumn.

who's the leader of the club.....that's made for you and me.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RIP: Doreen Tracey dies [ original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer ]......
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 12, 2018 08:58AM
74?! Oh me, I'm getting too close. RIP Mousekeeteer.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: Tommie Milwaukee
Date: January 12, 2018 06:29PM
Yep, I'm old enough to remember her on the original Mickey Mouse Club. RIP
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 12, 2018 07:40PM
We used to watch the reruns when we were kids and I remember Doreen and Tommy very well. Bless that sweet Mousekeeteer.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 13, 2018 12:02AM
Annette was cute but I always thought Doreen would be great fun in the backseat of a '56 Chevy. RIP.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 12:03AM by Speedy.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 13, 2018 07:30AM
Speedy
Annette was cute but I always thought Doreen would be great fun in the backseat of a '56 Chevy. RIP.

I'm pretty sure your right - she was the naughty Mouseketeer, have done nude layouts in the 70's for Gallery magazine.

Great memories of her in both the club sweater during my youth, and without that pesky sweater in my later teens.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 199
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015