advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Speaking of Sam club, etc.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 12, 2018 09:12AM
While spending Christmas at our midwest place, Ethyl and daughter took a day trip to Bentonville, AR, home of Walmart. She flew from there on a bidness trip last year, and reported that it was a great little mountain town, great restaurants, coffee shops, our kind of place. Duh, duh, it didn't occur to me that Bentinville is home of Walmart. Anyway, according to Ethyl, it is a very nice place to visit! Ethyl is right about 101% of the time.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 01:19PM by GuyGene.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Speaking of Sam club, etc.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2018 09:34AM
....Sam....I am......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DP
Date: January 12, 2018 09:54AM
Spent a couple of weeks for work in Harrison which is not too far from Bentonville. First day of location shooting, I was hitting the local supermarket for ice, drinks, and snax, etc., and I couldn't find the beer. I asked an employee and she fixed me with grin and told me in a beautiful Southern accent, "I can tell you're not from around here by how you talk, so you wouldn't know that you're in a dry county!"

Date: January 12, 2018 01:20PM
DP, did you get to Bentonville? If so, how'd you like it. As a small mountain village. Ethyl said it appears a lot of money people live there. I reckon Wally World's town must have some money, eh? I want to take a day trip when we get back to that area. Seems worth it.

Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: billb
Date: January 12, 2018 01:24PM
That place must have a lot of nice curves considering it being named after Barbie Benton and all.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Date: January 12, 2018 02:26PM
Y’all boys keep throwing out these names I know nothing of. Owl to other: who?

Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 13, 2018 07:28PM
billb
That place must have a lot of nice curves considering it being named after Barbie Benton and all.

Good Gawd we are old old fogey smiley
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 14, 2018 10:37AM
GuyGene
While spending Christmas at our midwest place, Ethyl and daughter took a day trip to Bentonville, AR, home of Walmart.

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider Midwest? I'd consider anywhere in Arkansas Deep South! Deep South is more a state of mind than Geographic, I guess!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 219
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015