advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
has bezos place jumped that shark? customer service
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 12, 2018 12:04PM
After 40 mins of phone calls to the Philippines or wherever, this happened.

Initial Question: I need and updated corrected statement for 12/12/17 - 1/11/18

09:30 AM PST Gauri(Amazon): Hello, my name is Gauri. I'm here to help you today.
09:30 AM PST Me: you are the 7th person I've been in contact with for the last hour.
last chance.
I'm about to close my Prime acct.
09:30 AM PST Gauri: Everything will be just fine, I will do my best to offer you a good resolution and make your day a little better.
09:31 AM PST Me: I want an updated and corrected statement for 12/12/17-1/11/17
that's all
good luck with that
09:31 AM PST Gauri: Could you please give me couple of minutes to look into the matter for you.
09:31 AM PST Me: 2
09:33 AM PST Gauri: Could you please elaborate the query , so that I could assist you in most possible ways .
09:34 AM PST Me: the statement says 104.39 but only shows 2 charges of $10.85 and 49.48. It's missing $40 worth of charges/order/items
I want it updated to show whats' missing
09:35 AM PST Gauri: Could you please help me with the date when you get charged ?
09:35 AM PST Me 12/14 and 12/15
09:36 AM PST Gauri: Thanks just a minute while I look in to this for you
09:38 AM PST Gauri: Thanks for waiting
09:38 AM PST Me: I've now been on with customer service for 40 mins
09:39 AM PST Gauri: I just confirmed that you get charged for $92.55
Order ID: 114-3091859-#######
09:39 AM PST Me: Will an updated corrected statement be issued today or soon?
09:40 AM PST Gauri: The updated correct statement you will surely receive very soon within few hours today
09:40 AM PST Me: you're sure, right?
09:40 AM PST Gauri: Yes exactly
09:41 AM PST Me: no statement today and I'll be happy to cancel Amazon Prime
OK then. we're done. Best of luck.
09:42 AM PST Gauri: It was a pleasure to assist you with this. Thank you for contacting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again. Please click "End Chat" to close this window. Have a Great Day Ahead smiling smiley

I had another issue with CS in November that went so well (as it always had before today)
that this is just bind moggling.

!#$@@$#!

all I need to know I learnt from Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings.

The Howlin Souls - [www.amazon.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: has bezos place jumped that shark? customer service
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 12, 2018 01:09PM
I've been a Prime member for years, but never received a statement. What is a Prime Statement?
Posted by: chopper
Date: January 12, 2018 01:12PM
Same here. I've never had an issue that wasn't cleared up in a few moments.
Date: January 12, 2018 01:13PM
charge statement as I use the Amzn Chase card on the site for extra points.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 12, 2018 01:31PM
So, it's not Amazon you have a problem with, it's Chase...
Important detail there.

Fritz
charge statement as I use the Amzn Chase card on the site for extra points.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: hal
Date: January 12, 2018 01:42PM
09:42 AM PST Gauri: It was a pleasure to assist you with this. Thank you for contacting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again. Please click "End Chat" to close this window. Have a Great Day Ahead

AMZ customer service handles the credit card calls too? That's really strange.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 12, 2018 01:49PM
hal
09:42 AM PST Gauri: It was a pleasure to assist you with this. Thank you for contacting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again. Please click "End Chat" to close this window. Have a Great Day Ahead

AMZ customer service handles the credit card calls too? That's really strange.

Depends... was there an interaction in the chat about "what are you contacting support for today", and if he clicked "The Amazon Chase Card", he was connected to a Chase employee, and just got the boilerplate about it being "Amazon.com".

Much the same as ANY branded credit card.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 12, 2018 01:50PM
Now listen Fritz, there is no way you can have any kind of problems with this kind of assurance:

"Gauri: Could you please elaborate the query , so that I could assist you in most possible ways . "

To be assisted in the most possible ways will certainly solve all of your worries so that you can have a much better day than up to this point, for which, if Amazon PrimeĀ® has anything at all to do with, you can rest assured that it will be solved in the utmost and friendliest way possible which is what our policy is and has always beee for our very valuable customers for whom we are very grateful and fully understand that it is because of said valuable customers that we exist in order to make your lives as pleasant as they can be in this very hectic high pace world in which we must currently live and work all the while working our collective cans totally off in the best interest of those who use our service to make their very necessary purchase in order to sustain their lives in their respective domiciles which is the reason we exist so that we can expeditiously make sure the products you purchase from us will meet your every need.

Have a good and fulfilled day.

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 12, 2018 02:40PM
Yes. Jumped. The inability to get a correct statement is indicative of a massive internal crumbling. RollingEyesSmiley5

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 12, 2018 03:42PM
Not a prime member, but I had a similar experience in late December.

13 items ordered (two each of two, for 11 lines on the bill).

- One showed up three days early from original estimate.
- One order of two showed up a day after original estimate but within window.
- after 5 days, 9 lines finally marked shipped two days before the original delivery window closed and scheduled for a day after the original window closed. Given an invalid UPS tracking number. Not just a number that hadn't been put in the system yet, invalid format. 3 business days later I get a notice the delivery has been cancelled and said a refund is in progress.

This is the first time I have ever not gotten more than two items in an order of three or more. I wonder if it is only a small fraction of orders like mine and Fritz and Amazon stock is going to keep going up, or if it is going to tank as this is the beginning of a meltdown.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: January 12, 2018 03:56PM
So you're threatening to cancel Prime because of an error on your credit card statement? That's like canceling your Costco membership because Visa messed up.

Update: fixed it ^^

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2018 04:25PM by M A V I C.
Date: January 12, 2018 04:03PM
no my CostCo card is Visa.

Amzn supplies purchase info to Chase or does Chase just guess?
The number on the bill says Amzn, they answer Amzn.
Whats a muthuh to do?

There are other signs that Amzn has grown too big.

In any case, the worker bees of any large company respond (usually) faster/better with a financial risk to the company they slave for.

Other interactions with Chases credit billing have been better in the past as well. But who knows. CS has become less in many places.
Too much shipping service overseas.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Winston
Date: January 12, 2018 04:25PM
I've asked both Chase and Amazon to put details of the transactions on the credit card statements. Right now, they just say something like the date, Amazon Purchase, and the amount. Very un-informative.

By comparison, our Macy's Amex card details exactly what was bought.

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: January 12, 2018 04:27PM
Ok, I fixed my post to say "Visa" instead of Amex. This is just a partnership. Bezos isn't CEO of Chase, James Dimon is. They're two different companies. Co-branded cards are all over the place. Chase isn't going to lose a dime if you cancel your prime membership. Just like Visa isn't going to lose a dime if you cancel your Costco membership.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 12, 2018 08:55PM
I think people are just at the point in their lives where they want Amazon to fail, for the same odd reasons we like to have celebrity scandals and political downfalls. America loves this stuff.

Posted by: August West
Date: January 13, 2018 02:39AM
I've been happy with Amazon prime.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: Robert M
Date: January 13, 2018 06:42AM
Fritz,

I don't really understand the issue. On credit card statements, Amazon orders come up as a single line item. It doesn't list what is in the order. If you want more details, you go into your email archives or Amazon account and pull up the specific details of the order affiliated with the charge. It's this way with any purchase from Amazon on a credit card.

There are options for order details and invoice. Invoice lists each shipment, what it contains and its charges separately with a grand total at the end. Since the above is readily accessible on the amazon web site, I don't really understand the issue here. What are you actually looking for when you ask for a statement?

To everyone else, I've never seen more detail than just a line item on a credit card statement. Never. Doesn't matter what credit card I've used over the years. Just a single line item. If I want more detail, I have to search email records or go onto amazon itself. It's this way with any online orders from any company be it amazon, OWC, etc.

On a Costco labeled credit card, same thing. Just line items. No details, even for items purchased at Costco or on Costco.com.

Robert
Date: January 13, 2018 07:02AM
dunno what cc's others use, but the others I have list enough detail that I can figure what it is rather than go thru email orders, as I must do with Amzn.

In this case, the statement read $104, but the total "items" add to $60.
The statement is missing $40 worth of line items to even research.
That's what I'm trying to get updated ...... to no avail.

I'm not looking for Amzn to fail. It is now part of our economy, and employs a good number of people; for better and worse (if you happen to work in a distro center of theirs).
We do use Prime often enough to pay for itself.

Although, Amzn, with a P/E of >300 and an avg 1/4ly rev of $40B as compared to say, Appl P/E 19 and avg 1/4ly rev of $52B .......

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Robert M
Date: January 13, 2018 08:15AM
Fritz,

The credit card statement may list multiple charges for the same rider ignition amazon shipped parts of it separately. Maybe you need to revisit both your statements, email receipt and amazon order information and receipt. I do that each month because of the sheer number of items we purchase from amazon.

Robert
Date: January 13, 2018 09:20AM
in any case, just spoke with Chase services and had the issue resolved in less than 5 mins with US CR.
overseas CS just doesn't cut it.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Winston
Date: January 13, 2018 12:18PM
Robert M
To everyone else, I've never seen more detail than just a line item on a credit card statement. Never. Doesn't matter what credit card I've used over the years. Just a single line item. If I want more detail, I have to search email records or go onto amazon itself. It's this way with any online orders from any company be it amazon, OWC, etc.

Robert

Just looked through a few of our credit card statements. American Express does a particularly good job. My wife's Delta Amex card shows, for Delta tix she got:
- The Airline
- City pair
- Class of service
- Ticket number
- Passenger name

On another Delta Amex statement, there's a gas charge at a BP station. It shows:
- BP station #
- phone number of the station
- "Unleaded Regular"
- City & State

and for a purchase at Publix:
- Publix
- store phone number
- "Refer to receipt" for details of the transaction
- City & State

Macy's Amex card shows every single Macys.com item purchased. For an online purchase at Macys.com, instead of just saying the date, Macy.com, and the amount of the total receipt, it lists
- Brand and product category, such as "Lauren Shoes - Boots"
- sales tax on that individual item
- total for that item

(Not sure what the Macy's Amex provides for in-store purchases - didn't have a statement with an in-store purchase handy.)

Chase Southwest Visa card statement shows an iTunes purchase by my wife, which lists both a phone number for iTunes, and her name, so we know that the charge was made by her (vs. by me or one of our kids).

Note that Chase also issues the Amazon Visa card. So Chase has at least some systems to provide more detail.

By comparison, Target Red card statment just says "Target", a phone number, and the amount. (Pretty much the same lack of info as on Amazon Visa statements.)

So the systems exist to put detail on the credit card statements. I assume Amazon has deliberately chosen not to do this. Probably because they want you to go to their web site to check on things, to get you online.

But it's a pain when both my wife and I are using the same Amazon Visa card - we can't tell who made a given charge. Which means if there is fraud, we are less likely to catch it.

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015