advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RECALL: ice cream bars recalled over listeria concerns [ many brands ]......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2018 01:34PM
....seems to be 'generic' used as 'private label' for many supermarkets....

Ice Cream Bars Recalled at Safeway, Kroger and Other Supermarkets Over Listeria Concerns

.....An ice cream manufacturer has issued a widespread recall of its orange cream and chocolate-coated vanilla bars due to possible listeria exposure.

The recalled products were made at Fieldbrook Foods Corporation’s Dunkirk, N.Y., plant and may have been sold at a variety of retailers — including Aldi, BJ’s, Kroger, Giant, Meijer, Price Chopper, Safeway, Shaw’s and more — under numerous name and store brands, according to an announcement from the FDA. All of the recalled bars were produced in 2017, and most have best-by dates in 2018.

While no illnesses have been reported, Fieldbrook initiated the recall due to possible contamination by Listeria monocytogenes, a strain of bacteria that can cause gastrointestinal issues, and — in more serious cases — headache, muscle aches, fever, confusion, stiffness and convulsions, according to the CDC. It can be especially dangerous to pregnant women.

Customers who believe they have purchased products included in the recall can learn more in the FDA’s announcement, and return the ice cream bars for a full refund......

get thee back to the supermarket..........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RECALL: ice cream bars recalled over listeria concerns [ many brands ]......
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 12, 2018 01:40PM
We stopped buying Blue Bell mess because of the TWO times it got nasty. Also the millennial "Mehican" shop, Chipotle.

We love Turkey Hill® ice cream! Made in PA Amish country, good stuff. Very healthy too, full of secret age fighting ingredients that keep one healthy and young (you must eat it every for this effectiveness).

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Re: RECALL: ice cream bars recalled over listeria concerns [ many brands ]......
Posted by: PizzaGod
Date: January 12, 2018 02:42PM
Ice cream is like chocolate-if you don't eat the good stuff, why waste the calories?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2018 03:43PM
....some of the private label stuff can be pretty good and saves you a lot of money......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 12, 2018 04:44PM
I'll take Publix Premium over any of the major brands. Tastes better, still a half-gallon, and only $3-$4 depending on the sale ($3 this week)

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: BCool
Date: January 12, 2018 05:20PM
I was at that plant many times and for a co-packer it wasn't that bad of a place. It appears to be on 1molded line, maybe the molds had leaks or small pin holes in them that is common. Only one set of molds were used for all the recalled product. keep away from plant code 36-2677. Best private label ice cream is Trader Joe's... not all the flavors but the mainstream ones yes.
Posted by: neophyte
Date: January 12, 2018 06:53PM
Ombligo
I'll take Publix Premium over any of the major brands. Tastes better, still a half-gallon, and only $3-$4 depending on the sale ($3 this week)

I agree. Their low-fat frozen yogurt is my go-to frozen treat.
Posted by: GuyGene
Date: January 12, 2018 08:02PM
neophyte
Ombligo

Yes, Publix!! I love Publix. Unfortunately, not where we are now, nor midwest place, Missouri. That place has the worst grocery stores I have ever seen anywhere!! I'll put it this way: Walmart looks good. Y'all understand... barf smiley

That old man - he don't think like no old man...
Now I wouldn't want to be within 400 - 500 yards of one of them nuclear bombs when it goes off! WW1 Vet Old Man
"He's pinned under an outcropping of rock. Lucky for him, the rock kept the dirt from burying him alive."
If idiots could fly, this place would be an airport. And I'd be a TSA agent.
A bonified member of The Mystic Knights of The Sea, George P. Stevens, President. Andy Brown, Treasurer, Algonquin J. Calhoun, Legal Consultant.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 12, 2018 08:36PM
neophyte
Ombligo

I was just indulging in some of their espresso chip frozen yoghurt. I finally put it away before I severely overdid it.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018