Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon order problems?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 12, 2018 03:54PM
Poll
Have you had Amazon delivery problems in the last 60 days?
This poll has expired. Voting is no longer possible.
31 votes were received.
1 out of less than 3 2

6%
1 out of 3 < x < 7 4

13%
1 out of > 7 (I am prime) 6

19%
no problems with >= 3 18

58%
I will detail below 1

3%

I had a really strange experience with Amazon. [forums.macresource.com]

I was wondering what percentage of Amazon customers had issues.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon order problems?
Posted by: billb
Date: January 12, 2018 03:58PM
Amazon doesn't deliver here, just Fedex,UPS and USPS.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: January 12, 2018 03:59PM
Define "Amazon order".

Are you referring to:
- Items ordered from and sold by Amazon
- Items ordered from Amazon but sold by someone else
- Items ordered from someone else, sold by someone else but processed by Amazon
- Prime Now items

?

The situation you describe sounds like it was one order that was a mix of the first two, or possibly those and the fourth.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 12, 2018 04:05PM
their agents screwed an order delivery in Nov, but the CS (then) fixed it right quick.

!#$@@$#!

all I need to know I learnt from Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings.

The Howlin Souls - [www.amazon.com]
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 12, 2018 04:08PM
I had one problem out of a dozen or so deliveries. Amazon's own delivery person "delivered item to secure location" that was so secure we can't find it.
Posted by: Bo
Date: January 12, 2018 04:28PM
After several years of near perfect service, we have had about 4 deliveries miss their guaranteed dates over the past two months.

They have extended prime each time but a couple of times we had to go out and buy the same thing locally because of the delay.

It's been a bit frustrating.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 12, 2018 04:39PM
Is the problem Amazon or the delivery service?

If Amazon gets a package to the delivery company (UPS, Fedex, or USPS) and then that delivery service drops the ball, what could Amazon have done differently? The one time I had an issue is because UPS sat on the package an extra two days for no apparent reason. I have a difficult time saying Amazon failed.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 12, 2018 05:34PM
M A V I C
Define "Amazon order".

Are you referring to:
- Items ordered from and sold by Amazon
- Items ordered from Amazon but sold by someone else
- Items ordered from someone else, sold by someone else but processed by Amazon
- Prime Now items

?

The situation you describe sounds like it was one order that was a mix of the first two, or possibly those and the fourth.

I am not a Prime member currently. My problem was a mix of 1 and 2, with two of the nine not delivered being potential Prime Now. Amazon never said what the problem was. It's like the person processing the balance of the order marked it as shipped--with a fake UPS shipping number--and never picked the items (or stole them). I got three notifications from sellers asking how I liked my new item, so the order was processed to the point to trigger secondary emails.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 12, 2018 08:52PM
I am hoping that "no problems with >= 3" means I haven't had any problems, because I haven't had any problems but couldn't find that category.

Posted by: Wags
Date: January 12, 2018 10:34PM
I've been very happy as a whole. Seems like they've been getting faster lately. I ordered some tenor sax reeds last night and they arrived at my door the morning! I suppose it depends on what it is and where you are, but that kinda shocked me.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 13, 2018 01:23AM
We've had some urban issues, and it's been frustrating, but most of the most important goodies have arrived by when they were needed. The frustration is when they change it up after you order and your hopes are dashed. I just try not to get too upset, since there's not much I can do at that point.
==
Posted by: Michael
Date: January 13, 2018 07:05AM
We ordered a remarkable number of things from Amazon in the fall. We had a problem with a single item that came late. And I was able to contact them and get a month's extension on my Prime membership.

Last week they sent me an email that a delivery date was changed to later and I rejoiced that I'd be able to get another free month but the darn thing showed up on time according to the original order.
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 13, 2018 09:18AM
Orders are coming late, and we are Prime. Time to collate.
Posted by: carl
Date: January 13, 2018 09:43AM
All orders arrived, however, they didn't arrive within the the promised 2-day "Prime" delivery schedule.
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 13, 2018 12:58PM
I did some checking.

Categories:

1) At least 80% of our orders come in 1-2 days via Prime. Some have come a day earlier than promised (including Sunday deliveries).

2) However, what's changed is that we are experiencing some orders that do not come on the promised delivery date. I can think of four such orders since Nov 1, and we are now at the point where Prime is just not 95% certain to come in the time window listed.

3) And we are seeing something far worse - we select Amazon Prime as the screening search requirement, see Amazon Prime at the order stage, THEN get told that Amazon will have to get back to us on when the product will ship. I did that twice the first week of Dec, ended up canceling the orders as the '2 day Prime' delivery promise became '5 business days'. I've seen this at least a half-dozen times in Dec, I just assumed it was the holiday rush. If it keeps up in 2018, I will definitely be complaining that my Amazon Prime membership is not what it used to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2018 12:58PM by sekker.
Posted by: Pat
Date: January 13, 2018 06:24PM
Amazon Prime

Only had a problem with one order that included 3 filters from the same manufacturer for the same vehicle. One filter came a week late.

This past Xmas, we ordered on the 22nd and everything was delivered on the 23rd and 24th. One item was missing from a delivery, reordered, still made it here on the 24th.

I'll live with one late order.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 171
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015