advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mr. Clean?!....Amazon cleaning house, just cancelled 3 shows......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 18, 2018 07:02AM
....'One Mississippi'....'I Love Dick'.....'Jean-Claude Van Johnson'......

I Love Dick and One Mississippi Among 3 Shows Cancelled at Amazon

.....Amazon continues to clean house. On the heels of last month’s surprising pilot purge, the streamer has axed three series: I Love Dick, One Mississippi and Jean-Claude Van Johnson.

As our sister outlet Variety notes, Amazon is shifting away from its initial niche programming strategy and toward bigger, broader series.

One Mississippi, co-created by and starring Tig Notaro, was cancelled after two seasons.

Meanwhile, Jill Soloway’s I Love Dick starring Kevin Bacon and the Jean Claude Van Damme-fronted spoof Jean-Claude Van Johnson, were both whacked after just one season.

goodbye................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mr. Clean?!....Amazon cleaning house, just cancelled 3 shows......
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 18, 2018 07:12AM
A show called "I Love Dick" is a little out-of-phase with the current cultural zeitgeist......

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 18, 2018 07:22AM
I've never seen any of them, and that's not due to any particular content; there just aren't enough hours in the day/week/month/year to keep up. Frankly I don't understand how so many of these shows (cable, broadcast and streaming) get enough viewers to be economically viable. Who has that kind of time?
Posted by: rz
Date: January 18, 2018 07:33AM
Will Collier
I've never seen any of them, and that's not due to any particular content; there just aren't enough hours in the day/week/month/year to keep up. Frankly I don't understand how so many of these shows (cable, broadcast and streaming) get enough viewers to be economically viable. Who has that kind of time?

I am constantly amazed at how much TV some people watch. My wife (who works full time) probably watches 4 hours of TV a day. Unless it's football season, I probably watch less than 4 hours a week. Same with movies. My to-do list on weekends is so long, I don't have time to do the whole movie thing.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 18, 2018 08:30AM
rjmacs
A show called "I Love Dick" is a little out-of-phase with the current cultural zeitgeist......

Cuz the Zeitgeist is stupid.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 18, 2018 09:18AM
vision63
rjmacs

Cuz the Zeitgeist is stupid.

Well, that's not news! emoticon-animal-022

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 18, 2018 11:07AM
rz
Will Collier

I am constantly amazed at how much TV some people watch. My wife (who works full time) probably watches 4 hours of TV a day. Unless it's football season, I probably watch less than 4 hours a week. Same with movies. My to-do list on weekends is so long, I don't have time to do the whole movie thing.

Same, but for me it's well under 2 hours a week on average. I prefer movies though because you can typically watch it and then be done with it, unlike TV which are series of episodes that you have to keep up with. I remember getting stuck on LOST. Yeah that was great, all that time LOST.

There are tons of people with nothing better to do however, so all I can say is that we are not the target audience.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 18, 2018 11:12AM
mikebw
rz
Will Collier

Same, but for me it's well under 2 hours a week on average. I prefer movies though because you can typically watch it and then be done with it, unlike TV which are series of episodes that you have to keep up with. I remember getting stuck on LOST. Yeah that was great, all that time LOST.

There are tons of people with nothing better to do however, so all I can say is that we are not the target audience.

I remember:

Use to watch Bonanza and see it all wrapped up by the end. Next week might be a dramatic Bonanza or maybe a comedic Bonanza. Either way, Bonanza covered EVERY GENRE.
Posted by: TLB
Date: January 18, 2018 02:15PM
This time of year I need my treadmill diversion. Something an hour or less without commercials is a plus. I like Bosch and Longmire--cop procedurals--but I've pretty much exercised my way through them.
Posted by: Surfrider
Date: January 20, 2018 11:07AM
I watch Brit mysteries, almost seen them all at least once.

Down to watching SNL from the 70's, some funny some not.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 141
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020