advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bluetooth Conference Phone experiences?
Posted by: Z
Date: February 03, 2018 12:01PM
Anyone have experience with one of these units - VTech ErisStation SIP Conference Phone
[www.amazon.com] or similar solutions from Jabra or others? We’re looking to outfit a room for occasional conf usage that doesn’t have any dedicated phone service otherwise.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bluetooth Conference Phone experiences?
Posted by: Winston
Date: February 03, 2018 03:22PM
The conference call units I've used which have worked really well are all Polycom. But that was on wired lines. Polycom has a lot of options:
[www.polycom.com]

The times I've tried Bluetooth have been unsatisfactory, but I've never done it with a high quality unit. Thought I'd gotten one with a small portable Philips unit, but voices sounded muddy. No experience with the VTech unit you linked to.

Good luck.

- Winston

------------------------
Be seeing you.
Date: February 03, 2018 05:08PM
Yup - wondering if a higher quality unit - or at least higher priced- will do any better
Posted by: jdc
Date: February 03, 2018 07:15PM
No experience with the high end models, but even my $30 Anker Soundcore speaker works as a speaker phone pretty well...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: February 05, 2018 09:47AM
Tried a soundcore in the room but it wasn’t able to handle two people well - ordered the vtech unit - will see how it does.
Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: February 05, 2018 02:48PM
We recently started using a Jabra Speak 510 in our 14'x20' conference room, and we haven't had any complaints on Skype for Business and GoToMeeting calls so far. We already have a Windows 10 PC connected to a 4K display in there, so it was a simple matter of adding a $10 Bluetooth USB dongle and then changing the audio settings to make the Jabra the default microphone and speaker. We picked it up for $70 on Amazon last month, but it's shot up to $100 now for some reason.

The "traditional" cordless ClearOne MAX conference phone we have used for years does have a more natural sound to it, but the volume never gets quite loud enough. The Jabra easily bests it in the volume department, so for us, a little added harshness is a small price to pay for the ability to hear it clearly anywhere in the room. Considering its size (about 5" in diameter), I'm actually shocked at how loud it gets. Bluetooth connectivity and battery life haven't been issues yet, and the mute button thankfully works as it should. It doesn't have a keypad of any sort, so that would obviously be a concern if you need the ability to dial a number to join a call, instead of just clicking a link.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 212
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020