advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Slow data transfer iPhone 7+ to 10.11.6 Mini
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: February 11, 2018 06:28PM
Transferring a pics and movies from iPhone 7+ to 2012 Mini running 10.11.6 using Image Capture or Photos goes about 4MB/sec. Which is dog slow for 6GB movies and even slow for 12MP photos. Restarted both devices about 8x, trying different things to no avail.

Same setup with iPhone 5+ goes at about 32MB/sec using same Mac and same cable. Biggest difference between the 7+ and the 5+, other than the hardware is the 7+ has iOS 11.2.5 and the 5+ has iOS 10.3.2. I just deleted the movie as I really didn't need it but 4MB/sec is simply unacceptable.

Now, this is iOS whose devices are Apple's cash cow, but it's also a Mac Mini which is Apple's cash tardigrade. I guess they want me to pay for iCloud to back my pics up but I don't think I'll be doing that. The Mac needs an update to 10.12.6 so I may just go that route but this is still annoying.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Slow data transfer iPhone 7+ to 10.11.6 Mini
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 11, 2018 06:40PM
Why not just let it go overnight?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"Trump is a moron." -- Steve G.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: February 11, 2018 06:44PM
Something is probably wrong on one side or the other. When I transfer images off my iPhone or iPad using Photo Transfer App, it goes quickly. Are you shooting anything in the new image or video formats (or maybe the 7 can't do that…)?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 11, 2018 06:47PM
I have an iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 plus. Both running iOS 11.

The iPhone 7 plus is always faster at data-transfers.

Something's messing up your phone. Try force-rebooting it instead of a regular reboot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 06:48PM by Sarcany.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 287
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015