advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Interesting weather warnings from Korea...
Posted by: DP
Date: February 12, 2018 07:31AM
So I went to Accuweather to see what the weather conditions were for the Games and saw some warnings and advisories that I don't see here.

Had to look up what a DAW was and it's basically high winds coming from the Gobi desert which is also very dry. But Food Poisoning Index? Stroke Index?

Interesting. Maybe they should have a Chances-Of-Getting-Toxins-Thrown-In-Your-Face Index!

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Interesting weather warnings from Korea...
Posted by: Sam3
Date: February 12, 2018 08:12AM
They had to postpone some ski events due to high winds, causing -30°F wind chills.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 12, 2018 08:46AM
Given NBC's typical Olympic commentary, I'm surprised a Hot Air Advisory hasn't been issued.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 12, 2018 09:22AM
Nice to have a Winter Olympics where it's reliably cold for a change.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: February 12, 2018 10:35AM
Cold and dry is what Korea gets in the winter due to massive high pressure over Siberia at this time of the year.

I'm not sure what's up with that food poisoning and stroke indexes.

The lung index is also quite bizarre. It's been a long time since charcoal based ondol heating has been used there.
Date: February 12, 2018 10:53AM
It seems that some of the snowboarders were literally stopped in the air by wind gusts! I don't think they should run the competitions if all the athletes aren't affected evenly.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
Date: February 12, 2018 11:02AM
Given NBC's typical Olympic commentary, I'm surprised a Hot Air Advisory hasn't been issued.

I'm reporting from what I've read. I am not watching these or any Olympics until this present IOC is disbanded and started over from scratch. But I have read some of the dumb things that have been said at the Games. Being in the Detroit metro area, however, we have the CBC to watch which, of course, features Canadian athletes but they have a lot more coverage. However, they're not free from making mistakes as from what my wife told me, the male reporter covering the opening ceremonies completely mangled the pronunciation of Kyrgyzstan-

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 233
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015