Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Google to copy iPhone notch
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 12, 2018 02:48PM
says Bloomberg:

Google is working on an overhaul of its Android mobile software for a new generation of smartphones mimicking Apple Inc.’s controversial new "notch" at the top of the iPhone X, according to people familiar with the situation.

...A key goal of this year’s update to the Google mobile operating system is to persuade more iPhone users to switch to Android devices by improving the look of the software, the people said.

I know, competition is good. And this article seems to have trouble with the difference between hardware and software.

But I still had to laugh a bit at that last line quoted above, since I've only ever heard Fandroids complain about a million times re the booooring iPhone GUI.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Google to copy iPhone notch
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 12, 2018 05:05PM
Supposedly, what they're working on with "P" is an accommodation of a notch. There are currently phones that have some aspect of a notch which is necessary with no bezel to speak of.
Posted by: davester
Date: February 13, 2018 02:16AM
Sure this wasn't an Onion article?

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 13, 2018 10:42AM
davester
Sure this wasn't an Onion article?

It may as well be. Google's work has nothing to do with Apple. Media just mashed it together as such because they knew it would be more clickable.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 13, 2018 11:58AM
.....another notch on their belt......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 223
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015