advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
like HEROINE to me?!.....they have cast the female lead for the 'Greatest American Hero/Heroine' reboot....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 13, 2018 06:31AM
......Hannah Simone.....from 'New Girl' which is ending....this is just for the pilot.....

New Girl's Hannah Simone to Star in ABC's Greatest American Hero Reboot

....We’re betting Hannah Simone will look pretty great in tights and a cape.

The New Girl star has landed — or flown away with? — the lead role in ABC’s upcoming reboot of The Greatest American Hero, our sister site Deadline is reporting. Simone will play Meera, an Indian-American woman with a fondness for tequila and karaoke whose life is turned upside down when she’s entrusted with a superhero suit that grants superhuman powers to whoever wears it. (It doesn’t grant you any knowledge of how to use those powers, however.)

ABC’s new-look Greatest American Hero, which scored a pilot order last month, is a gender-flipped take on the original 1981-83 series, which starred William Katt as hapless superhero Ralph Hinkley. (You remember the classic “Believe It or Not” theme song, right?) Hero is just one of the many reboots and revivals in the works for next season, including new versions of Magnum P.I., Charmed and Murphy Brown.

This looks like perfect timing for Simone: Her role as fashion model Cece on the Fox sitcom New Girl will end this spring when the show wraps up its seven-season run. Simone also hosted the short-lived Fox reality competition Kicking & Screaming.

just a pilot.....it may not get pickup to series......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: like HEROINE to me?!.....they have cast the female lead for the 'Greatest American Hero/Heroine' reboot....
Posted by: DP
Date: February 13, 2018 07:01AM
OK! A Canadian born in Britain to be the Greatest American Hero!

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Re: like HEROINE to me?!.....they have cast the female lead for the 'Greatest American Hero/Heroine' reboot....
Posted by: testcase
Date: February 13, 2018 10:04AM
this_thread_is_useless_without_pics
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 13, 2018 10:24AM
Hannah Simone had a shower scene with Megan Fox in New Girl.

[www.youtube.com]

It's FOX prime time, so mostly safe for work (not much to see, mostly dialog).

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 13, 2018 10:40AM
I like Hannah Simone a lot, but the idea's a dud.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 13, 2018 02:13PM
My name is N-OS X-tasy! and I approve this message.

It is what it is.
Posted by: MGS_forgot_password
Date: February 13, 2018 03:43PM
I look forward to this show being mentioned in the inevitable reboot of Seinfeld
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 13, 2018 06:52PM
Steve G.
I like Hannah Simone a lot, but the idea's a dud.

Having recently rewatched that show...

I enjoyed it as a kid, but nostalgia can't carry it. It's awful. Play this show in Guantanamo and you're gonna have the Geneva inspectors calling you up for war crimes.

The theme song was perfect. Connie Sellecca was good (and way under-used). The original idea was sound. The writing/acting/direction/FX were brain-meltingly awful.

I'd like to see it done with talented informed writers, a passionate director, a budget and a studio invested in a good outcome... And it better have an awesome theme song.

Date: February 13, 2018 07:53PM
Sarcany
... And it better have an awesome theme song.

Well, believe it or not... grinning smiley

It is what it is.
Posted by: evilrobot
Date: February 13, 2018 10:51PM
Sarcany
Having recently rewatched that show...

I enjoyed it as a kid, but nostalgia can't carry it. It's awful. Play this show in Guantanamo and you're gonna have the Geneva inspectors calling you up for war crimes.

I haven't rewatched - but if memory serves, it was pretty bad back then. It was a filler for something to watch before what you REALLY wanted to watch came on.

And adjust the antennae next time you get up smiling smiley
Date: February 13, 2018 11:54PM
evilrobot
I haven't rewatched - but if memory serves, it was pretty bad back then. It was a filler for something to watch before what you REALLY wanted to watch came on.

IIRC, Dynasty followed TGAH. Is THAT what you really wanted to watch?

EDIT: My bad. Dynasty didn't come on until 10 PM (which makes sense); The Fall Guy came on at 9 PM.

[tinyurl.com]

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2018 12:01AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 248
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015