RIP Billy Graham
Posted by: vicrock
Date: February 21, 2018 08:03AM
Dead at 99
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RIP Billy Graham
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 21, 2018 08:07AM
...............The Reverend Billy Graham, a pioneer of TV evangelism who was known as “America’s pastor,” has died at the age of 99.

According to the Associated Press, Graham’s death followed battles with cancer, pneumonia and other various illnesses. He passed away on Wednesday morning in his North Carolina home.

Graham was regarded as one of the most influential preachers of the 20th Century. He began hosting the Billy Graham Crusades in 1947. The annual event was broadcast on television through his retirement in 2005.

In 1950, Graham launched the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, as well as his weekly radio show Hour of Decision, which aired internationally for more than 50 years. The BGEA also produced a series of mission TV specials which aired across the U.S. and Canada..........................

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 21, 2018 08:13AM
Respected Graham, but maybe if he had spent more time raising his son, Franklin, the boy wouldn't be such a jerk.

Still RIP Pastor Graham.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: DP
Date: February 21, 2018 08:41AM
RIP, Rev. Graham...

A bit of levity-what does Billy Graham and the Detroit Lions have in common? They both get 70,000 people to stand up and yell, "Jesus Christ!"

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: February 21, 2018 11:29AM
Enjoy your next stop, Billy.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: February 21, 2018 11:31AM
R.I.P.

I'm not a fan of mega churches or any organized religions for that matter. However, Billy Graham seemed sincere and probably helped a lot of folks in their time of need.

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 21, 2018 11:37AM
Rick-o
R.I.P.

I'm not a fan of mega churches or any organized religions for that matter. However, Billy Graham seemed sincere and probably helped a lot of folks in their time of need.

RIP Rev Graham. An American icon.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 21, 2018 11:38AM
rjmacs
Enjoy your next stop, Billy.

Assuming there is one. devil smiley
Posted by: rexs
Date: February 21, 2018 12:15PM
Kathy Lee Gifford told some impassioned stories about her personal relationship with Billy Graham on the am NBC show. Apparently Billy ("call me Billy,please") had a hankering for Big Macs. What is it with men in position of power and their love of Big Macs?
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: February 21, 2018 12:17PM
Big loss, sorry to see him go...but to all there is a time.
Posted by: billb
Date: February 21, 2018 01:21PM
rexs
Kathy Lee Gifford told some impassioned stories about her personal relationship with Billy Graham on the am NBC show. Apparently Billy ("call me Billy,please") had a hankering for Big Macs. What is it with men in position of power and their love of Big Macs?

workaholic diet

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: rz
Date: February 22, 2018 07:18AM
rexs
What is it with men in position of power and their love of Big Macs?

I have a 12-core Mac Pro... that's a Big Mac. I am not, however, in a position of power....
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 22, 2018 10:19AM
rz
rexs
What is it with men in position of power and their love of Big Macs?

I have a 12-core Mac Pro... that's a Big Mac. I am not, however, in a position of power....

You are in my book.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 229
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015