advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Movie Pass
Posted by: Kate
Date: February 24, 2018 09:09PM
Anyone else using this? We go to the movies a lot (both retired) and prefer to go in the middle of the day in the middle of the week.
Costco offered Movie Pass for one year for $90 (and included the streaming service Fandor (which is only so so).
Both my husband and I signed up at Christmas and have just passed our 10 movies which essentially means the rest of the year is free!
We prefer the big screen and the theater experience (usually good when we go to the movies) and now we are going to see everything we are even remotely interested in.
I can recommend this service, we like it a lot.

Kate
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Movie Pass
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 24, 2018 09:23PM
.....just be careful......the issue is how can they continue to afford to do business......they are basically loosing money.........and some AMC theaters just announced they will no longer accept the passes........think more will follow.....

....so at some point in the future, they may go bankrupt and then your pass would be worthless....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Kate
Date: February 24, 2018 10:02PM
I understand, but I got one years worth, prepaid and have already used it 10 times, so it would be a wash for me. I LOVE going to the movies.

Kate
Posted by: Carm
Date: February 24, 2018 10:16PM
Good deal for you.

Cinemark has their own “Movie Club” 8.99 a month and includes 1. 2D ticket and 20% off at concession stand. Tickets roll over to next month if not used. So they might be getting out too.l if they aren’t already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2018 10:17PM by Carm.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: February 25, 2018 08:17AM
I bought two Costco passes. My girlfriend's went through without a hitch but I never got my card and MoviePass didn't respond to several inquires about it (no customer support number anywhere on their site or app). Finally called Costco and they gave me a customer support number. Supposedly the card is on the way now and I'm definitely keeping that number.
Posted by: Mactel
Date: February 25, 2018 08:49AM
I’ve been using MoviePass for a few months now and love it. Have had no problems whatsoever.
Posted by: zeppo2
Date: February 25, 2018 10:59AM
I got it in December and have seen over a dozen movies without a hitch. I too worried about the company going belly up, but figured buying it through Costco was an added layer of protection. I love that our local Regals also give us Regal points when using it, so I'll have enough points for free popcorn for quite awhile.
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: February 25, 2018 12:35PM
We got ours through Costco in early January and love it. Have seen ~6-7 movies since and have had zero issues. We mostly use AMC as those are the two closest theaters. Currently the AMC Mercado in Santa Clara doesn't accept Movie Pass, but we rarely go there.

Will debate re-upping if AMC drops them.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 25, 2018 12:45PM
.....used to love going to theaters but with cell phone haven't gone in long time......before people were rude but the rudeness has intensified with cell phones......texts, lights from phones.....talking, laughing.......

....if I go, will go to the earliest showing possible so less people......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 25, 2018 04:00PM
I’m a big fan too. I’ll probably see most of the Oscar Best Picture contenders before the Oscars for the first time.

I also have a new favorite movie of all time — “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” — thanks to MoviePass. I probably would have never seen it if we didn’t have the ‘nothing to lose’ freedom it provides.
Posted by: clay
Date: February 25, 2018 10:44PM
would love to be in a stage in life for it to be possible for me to see more than one movie in the theater every 1-2 years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 206
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015