advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Dumb question about adding another printer to wife's machine
Posted by: DP
Date: March 12, 2018 07:06PM
I had it on her computer once before but for various reasons we removed it and we're adding it back. I go to Prefs>Printers & Scanners. When I click on the +, I get the Add window, but nothing new shows up. The printer is an older one, a Canon MX310, but we had it working on her machine before. Her iMac is running 10.10.4.

The printer is on, connected to the iMac, and everything seems OK with it. I have shut the printer off and on a couple times. Do I have to shut down her computer to get it to show up? I'm just drawing a blank here.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dumb question about adding another printer to wife's machine
Posted by: billb
Date: March 12, 2018 07:28PM
Is it asleep ?

I've had to turn an HP off here and back on for it to be 'discoverable' . I don't know why, but it worked.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 12, 2018 07:28PM
No driver for that one in any recent Mac OS.

Last one was for 10.4.

However, you should be able to print (assuming that the thing still works) using a Gutenprint driver.
[gimp-print.sourceforge.net]

Posted by: DP
Date: March 12, 2018 08:03PM
I had it working with a driver I had downloaded before. Maybe I have to smack it around a bit, show it who's boss...

rolleyes smiley

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: March 13, 2018 08:12AM
just added a new (very old HP) to my wifes (my old MP1,1) Mac.
I was surprised the F&P prefs came right up and asked if I wanted software found and installed. But that is on Mavs. I was printing in a minute.

!#$@@$#!

all I need to know I learnt from Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings.

The Howlin Souls - [www.amazon.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 216
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015