advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
killing it?!.......another possible TV show 'reboot' [ might be interesting ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 13, 2018 08:57AM
....Joss Whedon's 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'......Fox Chairman/CEO says he is ready but up to Joss....

A ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ Reboot? Fox’s Gary Newman Says “When Joss

....Buffy The Vampire Slayer “is probably the most ripe show we have for bringing back,” Fox Chairman and CEO Gary Newman said this morning at the INTV conference in Jerusalem. He refrained from confirming such a move for fear of not being able “to get out of the building alive.” But he did allow, “It’s something we talk about frequently. Joss Whedon is one of the greatest creators we’ve ever worked for. When Joss decides it’s time, we’ll do it.”

The comments came during a chat about the current trend towards reviving beloved series. Fox has done it with The X-Files and is developing another new 24. Reaching back further, 20th Century Fox TV is co-producing a reboot of The Greatest American Hero and doing a new iteration of Prison Break.

But Newman said, “Reboots aren’t actually a focus for us. Most of the time it starts with a creator coming in. Admittedly, we chased The X-Files for a while. But when we first brought it back it was Chris and David and Gillian. The 24 franchise… we’ll always want it.”

What’s so hot about them? The built-in familiarity. “In this world with nearly 500 scripted series, getting a leg up on marketing is an opportunity,” Newman said.

But, he cautioned, “If you do it cynically, if you don’t have a great creative reason to to it, I don’t think it’s going to work.”

A trailblazing and genre-busting series, Buffy starred Sarah Michelle Gellar, David Boreanz, Alyson Hannigan, Charisma Carpenter, Anthony Stewart Head,
Seth Green and James Marsters. It celebrated its 20th anniversary last year, after originally running for seven seasons, five on the WB and two on UPN.

the reboot would probably be with new cast as original cast is a bit long in the tooth......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 10:32AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: killing it?!.......another possible TV show 'reboot' [ might be interesting ].....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 13, 2018 11:24AM
Clickbait headline again?

If the show's happening, it won't be Whedon. He's got better things to do.
Re: killing it?!.......another possible TV show 'reboot' [ might be interesting ].....
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: March 13, 2018 12:52PM
Steve G.

Oh, I think he'd keep a hand in any "Buffy" project. But yeah, he wouldn't be the lead show-runner - too many other projects.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 13, 2018 02:29PM
I loved that show and miss it a lot. But I don't see it coming back. And if it did, I sure as heck don't want it to be on Fox.

On another reboot, The X-Files, what the holy heck? I have eight episodes DVRed from the second half of the season. I just watched the first and it was so horrendously bad I almost deleted the rest of the episodes. Total garbage.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 13, 2018 02:32PM
AllGold
I loved that show and miss it a lot. But I don't see it coming back. And if it did, I sure as heck don't want it to be on Fox.

On another reboot, The X-Files, what the holy heck? I have eight episodes DVRed from the second half of the season. I just watched the first and it was so horrendously bad I almost deleted the rest of the episodes. Total garbage.

....I don't watch 'the X-Files" but I hear they get better [ I tried the 1st episode too and gave up ]....the consensus was the 1st one was not good but the 'stand alone' episodes are better....but not the episodes that try to extend the mythos.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 13, 2018 08:26PM
Steve G.

If the show happens, I don't think that it'll be a reboot.

He's built up the Buffyverse in comics and other media and there are many other characters and worlds that he could explore with a new TV show.

Posted by: Paul F.
Date: March 13, 2018 09:56PM
Sarcany
Steve G.

If the show happens, I don't think that it'll be a reboot.

He's built up the Buffyverse in comics and other media and there are many other characters and worlds that he could explore with a new TV show.

That would be far more interesting than a reboot.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018