advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Don't email Scotts (the lawn care company)
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 13, 2018 08:57AM
I asked a question about a mower last year. I think I may have been looking for an owner's manual or had a question about one of them.

I got added to 5 email newsletters.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Don't email Scotts (the lawn care company)
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 13, 2018 09:28AM
And you will be called a LOT as well if you gave them your phone number...
Or
[jollyrogertelephone.com]
Posted by: DP
Date: March 13, 2018 10:04AM
I uncheck the boxes that will add my name to get stuff sent to me but I still get the stuff sent to me ...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 13, 2018 10:33AM
Somehow I ended up on Allegiant Airlines mailing list - unsubscribe did nothing, put in a rule to send the mail to my junk folder, still doesn't stop it - Allegiant uses a different sending address for every mailing, none of the addresses have any word to key into for the spam filter. I gave up and just hit delete now.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: mikebw
Date: March 13, 2018 10:39AM
Ombligo
Somehow I ended up on Allegiant Airlines mailing list - unsubscribe did nothing, put in a rule to send the mail to my junk folder, still doesn't stop it - Allegiant uses a different sending address for every mailing, none of the addresses have any word to key into for the spam filter. I gave up and just hit delete now.

Try Report Spam?
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: March 13, 2018 10:55AM
I had the same issue with MYOB years ago. I emailed them a question and didn't receive an answer, but did get lots of spam. There were no options to not receive their spam. Although I had been considering their product, there's no way I'd ever buy from them.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: davemchine
Date: March 13, 2018 10:56AM
I installed Spam Sieve and it has eliminated the spam that Mail couldn't identify.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: March 13, 2018 11:16AM
I found an error on Ford's website once and emailed them that they should correct it. Got added to every Ford and subsidiary email list -- Lincoln, Ford Racing, you name it.
Posted by: riley5108
Date: March 13, 2018 12:01PM
Ombligo

Yup, same problem. Even though they all are tagged as junk mail and go into the junk mail folder they still keep coming. We use their online service to book our tickets and seats. Thought I unchecked all their promotional emails and ads, but they keep coming even though they are never opened. Urrg!!

- Riley
Southern Indiana, B-Town

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2018 05:47AM by riley5108.
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 13, 2018 01:30PM
I contacted Scott's last year when their budget-level broadcast fertilizer push-spreader failed on its first use. I told them (honestly) that I got this ~$30 item on clearance at WalMart for $6. They said they would make it right.

They sent me two $5 off coupons for any Scott's product (or products, since you couldn't use both on the same item) that expired at the end of December, and this was like October. They both expired, unused.

I don't remember getting on a lot of mailing lists, but I was less than impressed with their product and how they stood behind it.

Oh well. Live and learn.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: March 13, 2018 02:41PM
Tommy Bahama is also terrible about emails. I can unsubscribe from all of their lists but the second I buy a new item I'm back on all the lists.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 13, 2018 03:19PM
I uncheck the boxes that will add my name to get stuff sent to me but I still get the stuff sent to me ...

Likewise. I have a 25% success rate of getting sites to actually unsubscribe me. Most of the time I don't bother and just declare them 'junk'.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: March 13, 2018 04:08PM
If it's a US based company and they don't have functioning opt-out options, you can likely get money from them. I think my state also has laws around it and I can take them to small claims.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: wurm
Date: March 14, 2018 12:48PM
Another reason I like Gmail. They have a one-click Spam and Unsubscribe button for those rare spammers that make it through Google's otherwise exceptional filters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 165
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015