advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
TUMBLE outta bed and I STUMBLE to the kitchen?!.....Apple stumbles --> tumbles on company reputation poll......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 13, 2018 11:41AM
....from #5.....to #29........

Apple Drops Over Twenty Spots in Latest Company Reputation Survey

.....In a new survey that looks at the reputation of corporate brands, called the Harris Poll Reputation Quotient survey, Apple dropped from its previous position at #5 on the list and now sits at the #29 spot. As reported by Reuters, Apple has been sliding down the rankings over the last two years, falling from #2 in 2016.

To determine the results, the poll surveyed 25,800 adults in the United States from December 11, 2017 to January 12, 2018 on the reputations of the "most visible" corporate brands. Similarly to Apple, Google fell this year as well, from #8 in 2017 to #28 in 2018.

Harris Poll CEO John Gerzema theorized that the reason behind Apple's and Google's dips on the list was because of a lack of major, "attention-grabbing" device launches in the last few years.

"John Gerzema, CEO of the Harris Poll, told Reuters in an interview that the likely reason Apple and Google fell was that they have not introduced as many attention-grabbing products as they did in past years, such as when Google rolled out free offerings like its Google Docs word processor or Google Maps and Apple’s then-CEO Steve Jobs introduced the iPod, iPhone and iPad.

“Google and Apple, at this moment, are sort of in valleys,” Gerzema said. “We’re not quite to self-driving cars yet. We’re not yet seeing all the things in artificial intelligence they’re going to do.”

In the #1 spot was Amazon, which the company has held every year for the past five years except in 2015 when it was at #2. Tesla climbed the rankings from #9 to earn the #3 spot and Facebook was #51, which was an improvement for the social media company. In total the top 10 companies on the reputation list were:

1) Amazon.com

2) Wegmans Food Markets Inc

3) Tesla Motors

4) Chick-fil-A

5)The Walt Disney Co

6) HEB Grocery Company LP

7) United Parcel Service Inc

8) Publix Super Markets

9) Patagonia Inc

10) Aldi Inc

pour myself a cup of ambition..............that is a huge drop.......................?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 11:45AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: TUMBLE outta bed and I STUMBLE to the kitchen?!.....Apple stumbles --> tumbles on company reputation poll......
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 13, 2018 12:04PM
Jesus, if UPS can beat out Apple on the basis of company reputation things are worse than I thought.

It is what it is.
Re: TUMBLE outta bed and I STUMBLE to the kitchen?!.....Apple stumbles --> tumbles on company reputation poll......
Posted by: Fritz
Date: March 13, 2018 12:38PM
chick fil. ha ha ha.

!#$@@$#!

all I need to know I learnt from Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings.

Television is a medium because it is neither rare nor well done.
>>>Ernie Kovacs>>>
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: March 13, 2018 01:04PM
How did UPS make it anywhere on this? Is Comcast number 11?

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 13, 2018 01:24PM
Never heard of Wegman's.

Must not be the target audience.
Posted by: 3d
Date: March 13, 2018 01:41PM
Positive reputation? Negative reputation.
Reputation for ripping off customers?
Reputation for... what?
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: March 13, 2018 01:46PM
Wegman's is a grocery chain. Very nice, but expensive store. Or, it seemed expensive from my perspective when I tried to shop there while in college.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: p8712
Date: March 13, 2018 02:09PM
Publix deserves to be higher than Apple.
Posted by: testcase
Date: March 13, 2018 04:33PM
p8712
Publix deserves to be higher than Apple.

agree smiley
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: March 13, 2018 10:08PM
LOL
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: March 14, 2018 09:08AM
Not surprising. But still sad.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: March 15, 2018 03:22PM
Blankity Blank
Not surprising. But still sad.

I agree. People are disappointingly gullible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015