advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Flying Platform? Oh, Sweet Child O' Mine!! Why Didn't You Guys Tell Me About This Thing?
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 13, 2018 02:21PM
I've wanted something like this since seeing it first on Jonny Quest, way back in the dark ages, when I was a kid. (If you are familiar with the image below, then you're OLD!!!)

Here's something that's mighty close. Burns a lot of fuel though. Watch the video: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Flying Platform? Oh, Sweet Child O' Mine!! Why Didn't You Guys Tell Me About This Thing?
Posted by: jdc
Date: March 13, 2018 02:37PM
manned quadcopter exsits.

[www.youtube.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: Flying Platform? Oh, Sweet Child O' Mine!! Why Didn't You Guys Tell Me About This Thing?
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 13, 2018 02:38PM
Jonny Quest was the coolest cartoon ever.

We all wished our parents had named us something like "Race Bannon".

Episode #8 - The Robot Spy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 02:49PM by pdq.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 13, 2018 02:42PM
.....ain't no big......'thang......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 13, 2018 03:07PM
Dick Tracy had solo pilot versions. I thought those were way cool. I wanted the two-way wrist radio but never though there'd be such a thing.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: March 13, 2018 03:21PM
Ok, now my mind is officially blown! Here's another product of Zapata, the Flyboard. I can't wrap my brain around this. It almost looks fake, but dang it, it's real.

Excellent video with an audience on the beach cheering.

[www.youtube.com]

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 13, 2018 03:46PM
I had a smaller version of the Hiller VZ-1:

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 13, 2018 03:46PM
I will swear that a jet powered hoverboard was posted a little over a year ago, but this was all I could find.
Pre-order the world’s first true hoverboard for $20k - [forums.macresource.com]

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 13, 2018 03:47PM
Even the theme to Jonny Quest was great..
Now I'll be on youtube for a few hours.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 13, 2018 04:34PM
1) kids are easily impressed and convinced (Santa's on his way)
2) I've never seen any practical reason given for these flying thingies. Exactly what are they supposed to do?
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 13, 2018 05:43PM
Steve G.
1) kids are easily impressed and convinced (Santa's on his way)
2) I've never seen any practical reason given for these flying thingies. Exactly what are they supposed to do?

After nearly 60 years of waiting, I want my flying car, dammit!
Date: March 13, 2018 07:13PM
jdc
manned quadcopter exsits.

[www.youtube.com]

Hey, that thing is cool too! thumbs up

- Mr. Spock

- Walter Reuther
Date: March 13, 2018 07:15PM
Steve G.

Why, it's perfect for taking Reuters propaganda pics!! smiley-laughing001

- Mr. Spock

- Walter Reuther
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 229
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018