advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Day care owner sentenced for drugging children so she could tan & do Crossfit
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: March 13, 2018 04:20PM
Looks like she will have to learn how to do prison exercises.

[wsvn.com]

BEND, Ore. (WSVN) — A day care owner in Oregon will spend the next two decades in prison after she admitted to abandoning and drugging children in her care so she could go tanning and do CrossFit.

January Neatherlin, 32, was sentenced Friday to 21 years and four months behind bars after she pleaded guilty to 11 counts of first-degree criminal mistreatment and one count of third-degree assault.

After Bend police received tips from a former boyfriend and former roommate of Neatherlin’s, officers watched her leave the center twice while she was supposed to be with seven children.

Neatherlin had told parents they weren’t allowed to pick up or drop off their kids between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., saying it was nap time. Police checked CrossFit and Tan Republic records and found she would visit those locations during those mid-day hours, The Oregonian reported.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Day care owner sentenced for drugging children so she could tan & do Crossfit
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: March 13, 2018 04:21PM
Given how easy that could have turned into a daycare full of dead kids - 20 years might even be a little light.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Re: Day care owner sentenced for drugging children so she could tan & do Crossfit
Posted by: testcase
Date: March 13, 2018 04:27PM
Looks like she already has a start on her prison tats.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 13, 2018 04:42PM
This means she's out of the Forum Fit Club, or just on probation?
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 13, 2018 05:43PM
Given how easy that could have turned into a daycare full of dead kids - 20 years might even be a little light.

Agreed, especially considering that she may serve as little as 10-15 years maximum, depending on OR's custodial laws. I didn't see how much time she spent in custody since her arrest, and often defendants get credit for time served. I'd like to think she'd do 20yrs.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: March 13, 2018 06:07PM
That's one of those punch to the gut news headlines. If she was outside tanning while they napped I'd just say she's incompetent. But leaving the premises with 7 drugged children sleeping is criminal. 20 years isn't enough.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 13, 2018 08:09PM
Tough crowd. It's not like they were a gaggle of puppies.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2018 08:10PM by Speedy.
Posted by: jdc
Date: March 14, 2018 12:00AM
Speedy
Tough crowd. It's not like they were a gaggle of puppies.

LOL. yeah.

maybe if she was a football player, got drunk and ran over a dude killing him she would have only got 30 days and some probation instead...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: March 14, 2018 06:09AM
Tough crowd.

Tough but fair.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Date: March 14, 2018 11:38AM
RAMd®d
Tough crowd.

Tough but fair.

It was horrible. And could have been catastrophic. it wasn’t. But 20 years. Meh.

Problem I have is some crimes that actually end in loss of due to “negligence” will not end up with the same punishment

----

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 14, 2018 11:46AM
Despicable! Someone should smack her with a sledgehammer!

"After a time, you may find, that having is not so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

- Mr. Spock

“There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well.”

- Walter Reuther
Date: March 14, 2018 02:47PM
It was horrible. And could have been catastrophic. it wasn’t. But 20 years. Meh.

I'm not sure how to parse that. No, nobody got hurt, that we know of (yet). But the degree of negligence is so great, not just in risking health by drugging the kids, but also by actually leaving the premises. Even going out to the back yard would be unacceptable, but to somewhere else entirely? I have no problem with her doing the full 20.

I don't accept a 'well, since nothing bad actually happened' argument as sufficient mitigation.

Problem I have is some crimes that actually end in loss of due to “negligence” will not end up with the same punishment

I'm with you there. I find this especially egregious and too common with death by vehicle, most with the driver under some kind of impairment. A couple of years ago, my county managed to get a driver convicted of murder when she stole a van, and jumping an 'island' on a surface street killed a young woman on her birthday.

She's doing 18yrs, and that isn't enough. That's a better life now than the one she lived outside, and certainly better than what her victim has.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

of evil men.

Date: March 14, 2018 03:31PM
Yeah, sorry, wasnt really trying to minimize the crime, but put it into context for my second argument about crimes vs punishments not ebing exactly balanced.

----

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 263
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015