advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
TV review...We the People...NOT!
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: March 19, 2018 07:30PM
Just watch the first episode, disappointed. It's Dawson's Creek with lawyers, who don't seem to have any student debt.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: TV review...We the People...NOT!
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 19, 2018 07:44PM
.....they recast the pilot.....it was originally an African-American lead with a best friend that was white.....they greenlit the pilot but reversed it.......white female lead.......African-American best friend.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 19, 2018 08:18PM
But was it as downright stupid as "Deception"?
Posted by: freeradical
Date: March 19, 2018 09:34PM
Best review at IMDB:

That's what tv needs MORE LEGAL SHOWS cuz we don't already have enough, thank you television for recycling played out ideas with new actors who have no ability woohooooo
Date: March 20, 2018 06:22AM
.....the ratings for 2nd night of 'Deception' dropped by a lot......the pilot for 'Instinct' was not that great but pilots are never 'great'......the dynamic between the Cummings and the lead female detective was not palpable.....

.....she was a bit too needy.....and Cummings character was on the 'bland' side.....the friend from the CIA was a bit much....but then this is based on a James Patterson book and his stuff is just a bit blah.......remember 'Zoo'........they tried to cram way too much information in the pilot, especially about Cummings character....that could have been stretched through Season 1......

....however, the ratings for 'Instinct' were decent......shows usually get better from the pilot but Cummings character wasn't interesting.....

Posted by: TLB
Date: March 20, 2018 08:07AM
Any excuse to turn off the TV is a blessing to me.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: March 20, 2018 08:19AM
TLB

I'm beginning to feel that way to the point of not turning on the TV at all. There really isn't much on that I "have" to watch (including reruns on ION)
Date: March 20, 2018 08:22AM
Lizabeth
TLB

I'm beginning to feel that way to the point of not turning on the TV at all. There really isn't much on that I "have" to watch (including reruns on ION)

....yup, same here. Used to be at least 1 or 2 'must see' shows.....currently, none.....just 'Law & Order' franchises.....Chicago franchises.....CW superhero shows with bad writers......etc......blech......!

....only few shows worth watchin' are on cable HBO/Showtime, etc. or on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon......

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 20, 2018 01:51PM
There's never too much of a given genre for me, as long as there are one or two good shows. There's still a lot of enjoyable TV, and if there's something I don't like, I control the box.

There's a lot of good TV from across the pond, too. My main complaint though, is so much of our TV with really good production values, is very grim and dark, where hope is the first casualty of drama.

Instinct is... ok. The lead is gay as well as the actor. I hope we don't see that as the hook. Casting the character as a good guy who is gay is much better than casting him as a gay good guy. Pretty much the same as a lot of other shows like Castle and Perception. There is a lot of wading through the chaff, though.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 213
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015