advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
please release me, let me go?!....Apple releases iOS 11.3.....tvOS 11.3......watchOS 4.3......HomePod software update....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 29, 2018 12:12PM
.....today....iOS 11.3 has the new Battery Health Tool.....

Apple Releases iOS 11.3 With Battery Health Tool, ARKit 1.5, Business Chat, New Animoji, and More

.....Apple today released iOS 11.3, the twelfth official update to the iOS 11 operating system that first came out in September of 2017. iOS 11.3 comes more than a month the launch of iOS 11.2.6, a minor update that fixed a bug causing crashes due to the incorrect rendering of a character in the Indian language Telugu.

The iOS 11.3 update is available on all eligible devices over-the-air in the Settings app. To access the update, go to Settings --> General --> Software Update. Eligible devices include the iPhone 5s and later, the iPad mini 2 and later, the iPad Air and later, and the 6th-generation iPod touch.

iOS 11.3 is a major update that introduces a long list of new features, including several that Apple has been promising for months. The update introduces a new "Battery Health" feature that's designed to provide iOS users with more information about their batteries, and it is a function Apple promised to introduce following backlash over the power management features added to older iPhones.

Battery Health offers details on maximum battery capacity and peak performance capability, and for devices with degraded batteries, it provides information on if and when a device is being throttled with performance management features. It also provides a way for customers who do have a device with a degraded battery to turn off performance management all together.

By default, iOS 11.3 disables performance management on the iPhone, and the feature is only re-enabled once a device experiences an unexpected shutdown. Battery Health is only for the iPhone, but on the iPad, Apple is introducing new iPad charge management for tablets that are plugged in for long periods of time.

iOS 11.3 introduces ARKit 1.5, a new version of ARKit that will allow developers to do even more with augmented reality apps. ARKit 1.5 more accurately maps irregularly shaped surfaces, has image and object recognition, and allows virtual objects to be placed on vertical surfaces like walls.

The iOS 11.3 update includes a new Health Records feature in the U.S. that aggregates all of your medical records in one easy-to-access place (as long as you have a participating provider) and it includes four new Animoji (dragon, bear, skull, and lion) on the iPhone X. A new music videos section was added to Apple Music just ahead of the release of iOS 11.3, and the update brings improved friend suggestions.

There are also several other smaller features worth noting in iOS 11.3. A new "For You" section in Apple News displays hand-picked content and top videos, support for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) offers a more accurate location when placing an emergency call in a supported country, software authentication for HomeKit is included to greatly expand the number of devices that can support HomeKit, and a new Privacy screen and icon will show up whenever Apple asks you for info. The privacy screen is reflected in several new splash screens that pop up when you first open apps.

In the App Store, you can finally sort reviews by most helpful, most favorable, most critical, and most recent, a handy change for better finding the app info you're looking for, and in the Updates tab, more details are available about app update size.

The release of iOS 11.3 includes support for Business Chat in the U.S., which will let you interface with businesses like Wells Fargo, Delta, Hilton and Lowe's right in the Messages app. Improvements have been made to security in Safari, Handoff and Universal Clipboard have been improved, there are new Accessibility features, and bug fixes for keyboards.

The update also addresses several notable software bugs including an issue that could cause incoming calls not to activate the iPhone's screen, a bug that prevented voicemail playback, an oversight that did not allow parents to approve child purchases using Face ID, a Bluetooth bug that prevented proper syncing of contacts and music playback in a vehicle, and more.

Betas of iOS 11.3 included a Messages on iCloud feature that Apple has been working on for several months, but leaked iOS 11.3 release notes suggest Messages on iCloud might not make it into the final release of iOS 11.3. With Messages on iCloud, all of your iMessages are stored in the cloud, allowing them to sync across devices (even new ones) and saving valuable storage space on your iPhones and iPads.

Early betas also included AirPlay 2 support for iOS 11.3 and tvOS 11.3, but the feature was removed in iOS 11.3 beta 3 and it was not reintroduced in a later beta, suggesting it has been pushed back to a later update.

iOS 11.3 update..........?!

Apple Releases tvOS 11.3 for 4th and 5th Generation Apple TV Models

....Apple today released tvOS 11.3, the second major update to the tvOS operating system designed for the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV models. tvOS 11.3 comes more than three months after the release of tvOS 11.2, and a month after the release of a minor tvOS 11.2.6 update.

tvOS 11.3 can be downloaded over the air through the Settings app on the Apple TV by going to System --> Software Update. Apple TV owners who have automatic software updates turned on will be upgraded to tvOS 11.3 automatically.

vOS 11.3 introduces performance improvements and bug fixes for issues discovered following the release of tvOS 11.2.6.

The update introduces enhancements to Match Content support, automatic frame rate switching on the fourth-generation Apple TV (a feature that was added to Apple TV 4K in a past update), and automatic mode switching for AirPlay video sessions.

Early beta versions of tvOS 11.3 included support for AirPlay 2, allowing the Apple TV to be added to the Home app as part of a HomeKit setup and enabling multi-room audio across multiple Apple TVs.

AirPlay 2 functionality was, however, removed in the third beta of tvOS 11.3, eliminating these features. AirPlay 2 was not re-added during the beta testing period, so it's likely Apple is saving the feature for a future update.

tvOS 11.3 update..............?!

Apple Releases watchOS 4.3 With Portrait Nightstand Mode and iPhone Music Controls

.....Apple today released watchOS 4.3, the third major update to the watchOS 4 operating system that runs on the Apple Watch. watchOS 4.3 comes more than three months after the release of watchOS 4.2, the last major update that brought Apple Pay Cash.

watchOS 4.3 can be downloaded through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General --> Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it needs to be placed on a charger, and it needs to be in range of the iPhone.

watchOS 4.3 introduces support for Nightstand mode when the Apple Watch is positioned in a portrait orientation, a feature that was previously only available when the watch was placed in landscape orientation on its side.

Today's update also reintroduces a much-desired feature that allows music playing on the iPhone to be controlled using the Music app on the Apple Watch.

In previous versions of watchOS, starting with watchOS 4, the Music app could only be used to control music playing on the watch itself. watchOS 4.3 returns pre-watchOS 4 functionality and once again allows you to select the music playing on your iPhone from the Apple Watch. With watchOS 4.3, you're also able to control playback and volume on the HomePod using the Apple Watch.

Other new features in watchOS 4.3 include a new charging animation when the Apple Watch is placed on the charger and a new app loading animation when opening up an app. You'll also now see your Activity data on the Siri watch face, and the batter complication more accurately reports battery life.

watchOS 11.3 update............?!

Apple Releases New 11.3 Software for the HomePod

......Alongside iOS 11.3, watchOS 4.3, and tvOS 11.3, Apple today released a new 11.3 software update designed for the HomePod.

This marks the first software update that's been released for the HomePod since it became available for purchase in February.

The new HomePod software will be installed automatically on the HomePod after you update to iOS 11.3, but you can also manually update and check your software version by following the instructions in our HomePod software how to.

It's not clear what new features are included in the HomePod software just yet, but we are waiting on both AirPlay 2 and a feature to allow two HomePods to be paired together for stereo sound. Apple's release notes don't divulge any details about what might be included, suggesting these features have not been implemented.

According to the release notes, the update "includes general improvements for stability and quality."

HomePod software update.............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2018 01:37PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: please release me, let me go?!....Apple releases iOS 11.3.....tvOS 11.3......watchOS 4.3......HomePod software update....
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: March 29, 2018 06:28PM
Who’s going first? Someone has to go boldly to 11.3.
Re: please release me, let me go?!....Apple releases iOS 11.3.....tvOS 11.3......watchOS 4.3......HomePod software update....
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 30, 2018 03:17PM
11.3 on my 'Phone, 4.3 on my Watches, no issues.

But I need a new 'Phone and want a Series 3 Watch. The 5s isn't great with 11.x.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 195
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020