advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Digicam movie feature question
Posted by: h'
Date: January 16, 2006 05:13PM
A freind of modest income is wanting to spend $800 on a camcorder. I think he can do basically what he wants to do cheaper and handier with the movie feature on a digital camera.

Can anyone name a model that will do:

-movie with sound at 640x (or more even)
-no clip size limitation

Thanks!!!

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Digicam movie feature question
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: January 16, 2006 06:41PM
What do you mean by "640x"?
Posted by: BigGuynRusty
Date: January 16, 2006 06:43PM
H', I have a Sony F828, it has the best digital video movie mode out there, 640X480, VX Fine mode, it looks incredible, but cannot hold a candle to even the cheapest camcorder.
Here is a link to a short mpeg (9MB!) movie.
[www.steves-digicams.com]

Digicams with those limitations are not cheap, the F828 is still $600+, and the digicam that replaced it (the R1) is $1,000.00. I have a 5GB MicroDrive, not cheap, tapes are much cheaper.

BGnR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2006 06:55PM by BigGuynRusty.
Posted by: h'
Date: January 16, 2006 10:01PM
Thanks, BGR-- I still think that's enough for his needs . . .
Steve's is a great site but I don't think there's any way to sort by movie mode.
Anyone else?

I suffer from the same sensitivity that you do. A few nuggets of wisdom were shared with me and I'm "trying" to incorporate them into my life. First, remember that nobody can hurt your feelings unless you let them. You can always reject what is being forced on you emotionally.
Second, nothing changes unless you change it. If you don't want the behavior to be repeated then you need to take action. Otherwise the kid has learned that his behavior is the way to get things done, because everyone lets him get away with it.
In the meantime I sympathize because I've been there.
-beerman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018