advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Refurb Powerbook Question?
Posted by: Saint_Rocco
Date: January 16, 2006 05:44PM
I need to order a powerbook within the next day or two for one of my employees. I was thinking about the 15inch 1.5 on Apples site for $1399.00. They do not need a DVD burner and mostly will just use it for i photo, light photoshop, email, and web. They do a lot of web research and need a 15in screen. Is there any know problems with this model ? Any other suggestions?
Thank You
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Refurb Powerbook Question?
Posted by: spearmint
Date: January 16, 2006 06:07PM
It just seems pricey to me with the new intel unit costing only $600 more with an 15" screen also.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 16, 2006 06:39PM
"only $600"?

That's quite a bit in relation to $1400.
Posted by: maurycy
Date: January 16, 2006 09:10PM
I have purchased 12" refurb PB a little over 1.5 years ago and had no problems with it. It came with upgraded software so I scored latest OSX and iLife. Battery was new (3 hours), screen had no dead pixels just the box was grey with 'refurb' written on it.

Alex
Posted by: Refurbvirgin
Date: January 17, 2006 12:43PM
Considering the new machine will run so much faster (once native software is available) has the latest software, are the vram, ram, & hard drive specs the same? The $600 may a bargain when you consider what upgrades would cost, if you could upgrade. In for a nickel, in for a dime. Ante up. While the older machine will run currently native app's perhaps faster, it won't in the future. The new machine will hold it's value better, imho.
Then again, if you could wait for Rev. B that would be even better. Let's hope these new MacBooks aren't as flimsy as the first tiBooks.
Posted by: Marcos Malo
Date: January 17, 2006 07:44PM
I've bought two factory refurbed PBs, and have been very happy with both. Make sure you also buy Applecare.

I'd wait until at least the second revision of Intel Powerbooks before buying. Or wait until the third revision, then buy a refurb second revision!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 285
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018