advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
bolt your doors?!......sales of Chevy's electric Bolt are down.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 04, 2018 06:48AM
....fell 19% last month.....due to lack of inventory....

GM's Electric Bolt Slows While Tesla Model 3 Sales Pick Up Speed

....General Motor Co.’s Bolt electric car may be feeling some heat from Tesla Inc.’s Model 3, now that production of Elon Musk’s sedan is finally starting to ramp up.

Bolt sales fell 19 percent last month, according to Emmanuel Rosner, a Guggenheim Securities LLC analyst who’s seen numbers GM now shares with select third parties instead of in monthly public statements. After averaging almost 1,500 a month in the first quarter, deliveries dropped to a little more than 1,000.

“Hardcore EV enthusiasts are now more able to buy the Model 3 versus the Bolt with about the same budget,” Rosner said by phone Wednesday. “But I was still surprised by how weak the Bolt was.”

Bolt sales fell due to lack of inventory, according to GM spokesman Jim Cain. The Detroit-based company has roughly one Bolt in stock for every two of its dealers who sell the vehicle, he said.

“We were extremely tight on inventory” Cain said, citing record sales in December and a 42 percent gain in the first quarter. “That’s why we’re increasing production,” which takes time due to battery supply constraints.

The Bolt, which starts at $37,495 and goes 238 miles on a charge, positioned GM as the first major automaker to offer a long-range battery-powered car at close to the average price consumers pay for new vehicles. The Model 3 starts at $35,000 and can go as much as 300 miles between plugging in.

Almost half-a-million people put down $1,000 deposits on the Model 3. Tesla is finally is beginning to clear manufacturing bottlenecks and delivered 8,180 of the sedans in the first quarter, making it the best-selling electric car in America.

when Tesla has more inventory than Chevy Bolt.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: bolt your doors?!......sales of Chevy's electric Bolt are down.....
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: May 04, 2018 09:03AM
When Chevy or Ford build an electric truck that is designed to be an electric truck will believe that they've gotten the message.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: PeterW
Date: May 04, 2018 09:15AM
When Chevy and Ford see 8000 sales per quarter as the top electric vehicle sales and then see over 200,000 F-150 sales per quarter, I think they’ve gotten the message loud and clear.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 04, 2018 10:05AM
ztirffritz
When Chevy or Ford build an electric truck that is designed to be an electric truck will believe that they've gotten the message.

2083, Summer? Then?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: billb
Date: May 04, 2018 10:27AM
Bolt sales were pretty darned good until Winter came and 2017 incentives expired Jan 1.

Tesla's ICE sales suck. How are GM's ?

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: May 04, 2018 11:07AM
billb
Tesla's ICE sales suck.

They sell every one they make.

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 04, 2018 11:27AM
OMG!

A product doesn't have increasing sales year after year after year?

Must be a failure!
Date: May 04, 2018 01:07PM
If they're not advertised, not available, and not promoted, yeah...they're not going to sell well. The Volt is like a secret product that is only promoted by word of mouth. It has been moderately successful despite GM's best efforts. When they had Bolts available to sell, they sold well. When I purchased my Volts they were the only 2 in Yakima. I now see about 2 dozen of them driving around. I'm probably the best Volt salesperson in the county.

Date: May 04, 2018 01:54PM
Unlike the Tesla Model 3, which has not been advertised, not available, and not promoted... which has half a million paid reservations.
GM needs to up their game in the EV market to catch up to the company that's 20 miles behind them.

ztirffritz
If they're not advertised, not available, and not promoted, yeah...they're not going to sell well. The Volt is like a secret product that is only promoted by word of mouth. It has been moderately successful despite GM's best efforts. When they had Bolts available to sell, they sold well. When I purchased my Volts they were the only 2 in Yakima. I now see about 2 dozen of them driving around. I'm probably the best Volt salesperson in the county.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: michaelb
Date: May 04, 2018 03:35PM
The Tesla has been more hyped that possibly any product in modern history, so they don't really need to advertise. GM could definitely sell more Bolts and Volts if they tried even just a tiny bit. I want a Bolt and we have a Volt. Honda is running an ad for their plug in hybrid which falls into the Volt category.
Date: May 04, 2018 05:26PM
Tesla's advertising budget is $0. Seriously. They don't even have an advertising staff.

Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: May 04, 2018 06:41PM
michaelb
The Tesla has been more hyped that possibly any product in modern history, so they don't really need to advertise. GM could definitely sell more Bolts and Volts if they tried even just a tiny bit. I want a Bolt and we have a Volt. Honda is running an ad for their plug in hybrid which falls into the Volt category.

The Honda Clarity blazes new frontiers of ugly, just hideous.

Date: May 04, 2018 06:42PM
ztirffritz
Tesla's advertising budget is $0. Seriously. They don't even have an advertising staff.

Thats what I mean about Tesla “leading from behind”. GM is this giant juggernaut that could make a billion EV’s a year for $30k each...and completely blow Tesla out of the water; if they gave a crap. So Tesla is coming up from behind, but influencing the EV market like no one else.

Paul F.
-----
----

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 04, 2018 11:36PM
Our local Chevy dealer had to source two Bolts from California for adamant customers. Our dealer is not otherwise able to get Bolts from GM directly.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 272
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018