advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon Warehouse deals?
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 08, 2018 11:25AM
Any experience with these? I found an item I'm looking for that is normally $270, but available "Used-Like New" for $228. Description says "Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged." It's the type of thing that even if it were a little scratched up I would care, as long as it works 100% and all the parts are there. Worth taking a chance?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon Warehouse deals?
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 08, 2018 11:32AM
I bought a leather ottoman from Amazon Warehouse with a similar description. It was about 50% off the regular price. An offer I couldn't refuse.

The outer cardboard box was beat to hell. But the ottoman inside was like new, as described. Fully padded and wrapped in plastic. I could tell by the tape securing the plastic wrap, it was never opened/rewrapped. Great deal.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 08, 2018 11:34AM
.....it can be hit or miss......some times you get in better condition (almost like new).....some times it was worse......but the majority of times it is better.....

....IMHO worth taking the chance.......as long as it can be easily returned if problems arises.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: May 08, 2018 11:39AM
Thanks for the quick replies. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. And it's hard to beat Amazon's return policy should something be missing or otherwise messed up.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: May 08, 2018 11:56AM
I got a box of pen refills for super cheap compared to full price. The original box was torn, and I basically received an envelope full of loose pen refills- totally fine by me. good deal.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: May 08, 2018 11:59AM
I grab warehouse items whenever possible and have never been let down

Posted by: troywellbuilt
Date: May 08, 2018 12:07PM
I've bought a few items this way and have always been satisfied.
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: May 08, 2018 12:12PM
I use warehouse items on heavy hardware things like 13.5k lb WLL shackles which would be very hard to break, but scratches and such are normal.

The items I buy would make it to the used warehouse because they were the wrong size for the customer or so heavy that they broke the box they were shipped in.

I don't use the warehouse for anything electrical or where the appearance would matter.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 08, 2018 01:04PM
I willingly consider Warehouse deals when the price difference sufficient and the chance of a minor flaw is not important.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: May 08, 2018 01:17PM
I often take advantage of the warehouse deals, just be aware that since the item is "used" you may not qualify for a manufacturer's warranty (not that it would be hard to modify the invoice to appear "new"...).

Also be sure to inspect the item in a timely manner. I've had them send me the completely wrong item (same brand, so I didn't think about it when I got the box, but different item), and just narrowly made the return window.

And they will occasionally lower the prices until an item sells, but you could miss out if you wait too long!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 08, 2018 03:18PM
What Acer said... and never a problem (except for one item lost in shipping, but I don't view that as Warehouse issue).
==
Date: May 08, 2018 03:19PM
....had 1 or 2 items that were wrong and in worse condition but just returned them.....they usually undergrade the conditiion......

Posted by: The Grim Ninja
Date: May 08, 2018 03:45PM
Ordered a few items.

Keep in mind that Amazon considers Amazon Warehouse to be a third party, fulfilled by Amazon. It's confusing, but it gets them a loophole so they don't have to honor quite all of Amazon's standard policies.

Most of the items I've bought have been great. "Like New" is generally just returned unopened and/or open box unused.

My one snag was an AC adapter that I bought for what must've been less than it cost to ship but arrived completely wrong. Reading reviews, it was probably the wrong item originally and I got a reviewer's return which wasn't even inspected. Got a full refund and got to keep the item.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 08, 2018 03:55PM
Gareth
I often take advantage of the warehouse deals, just be aware that since the item is "used" you may not qualify for a manufacturer's warranty (not that it would be hard to modify the invoice to appear "new"...).

This. Be cautious with expensive electronics or other items with important warranties...

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: May 08, 2018 04:33PM
Well, it's been ordered and I should get it Friday. I'll give it a good look-over and make sure everything is there that should be. It's something I've never seen "on sale", and Amazon's free shipping already makes it the best price I've seen, so $40 off is a bonus.

Thanks for the comments.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 08, 2018 06:31PM
These aren't condoms, are they?
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: May 08, 2018 07:34PM
Racer X
These aren't condoms, are they?

No, you're thinking of The Best Little Warehouse in Texas.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 08, 2018 07:51PM
I always take a look at warehouse items and have generally been satisfied. I've had a few returns, but it was never a problem.

Earlier this week I came across a range hood for my son's house on eBay, it was half the price of Amazon Warehouse but the description sounded good and returns were covered. Imagine my surprise when it arrived from the Amazon Warehouse (box, label, etc all indicated Amazon).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Michael
Date: May 09, 2018 05:25AM
I buy from them.

The most interesting thing I've gotten was a set of 48" wide wire shelving--the chrome things with wheels. It came in a "sure we can make a bunch of cardboard into a box" kind of thing with the shelves connected with strapping and the poles taped together with must have been a half a roll of packaging tape. The small parts to make it all hold together came in a separate box. I got the shelves on a particular day and opened it and didn't find the parts. Before I contacted Amazon I looked at my order page and it turned out I was getting 2 packages. Sure enough, the small parts showed up the next day. I was impressed that they could keep track of that in a warehouse that is as busy as Amazon.

They surely didn't make any money on it with somebody ordering it with free shipping, free shipping back to the warehouse, then repackaging it, keeping track of the big box of shelves and the small box of parts and then free shipping to me.
Date: May 09, 2018 06:27AM
....so they handled your package.....twice.....???

Posted by: Carm
Date: May 09, 2018 02:57PM
NewtonMP2100
....so they handled your package.....twice.....???

Yup..... and they weren’t very careful about it. My package was beat to heck. But my package survived.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 244
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015