advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
it was the summer of '69ing?!....'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D' may have been renewed yesterday but they are now....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2018 11:35AM
....moving to Summer 2019, so Summer series.....they already cut to 13 episodes......this probably means this is the last season.....

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 6 Set for Summer 2019 Premiere

....The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. better hope the Lighthouse is stocked up on sunblock.

ABC’s Marvel drama, which over the weekend was renewed for a shortened, 13-episode Season 6 to air at midseason, in fact will not return until Summer 2019, ABC president Channing Dungey announced on Tuesday during an Upfronts Week press call.

Dungey told TVLine that the summertime scheduling was strictly ABC’s decision, and not necessarily out of deference to any of the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe’s plans. (Avengers 4 — the follow-up to Avengers: Infinity War, the end of which would seem to have significant implications for the characters on TV’s S.H.I.E.L.D. — hits theaters next May.) “Whatever they [at Marvel Studios] have planned, I cannot say,” she hedged.

As for speculation that Season 6, being S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s first-ever shortened run, will serve as the show’s swan song, Dungey told me, “I feel like Season 5 was their creatively strongest yet, so I don’t at the moment have any plans to think of Season 6 as the last season.”

In fact, the summertime schedule could extend the show’s life span.

“What we’ve discovered is that we have a very loyal and passionate fan base for S.H.I.E.L.D. The show does incredibly well for us in delayed viewing,” Dungey explained. “By putting it in the summer, we’re going to be able to super-serve the fan base that loves that show and hopefully give it an opportunity to continue on longer than we would if it was [scheduled] in-season.”

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs its Season 5 finale this Friday at 9/8c.

not a good sign...............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2018 12:26PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: it was the summer of '69ing?!....'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D' was renewed but they are now....
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 15, 2018 12:24PM
5PM yesterday
[forums.macresource.com]
Re: it was the summer of '69ing?!....'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D' was renewed but they are now....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2018 12:26PM
....uh, if you read it....carefully....this is not about the renewal but about it moving to Summer......'doh....!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 15, 2018 12:26PM
NewtonMP2100
....uh, if you read it....carefully....this is not about the renewal but about it moving to Summer......'doh....!!

Yeah... what Newt said.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 15, 2018 12:31PM
You're right. I underestimated the importance of your bulletin. I'm confident you will continue your good work on "Entertainment Weekly Hourly"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2018 01:07PM by Steve G..
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 15, 2018 01:27PM
Steve G.
You're right. I underestimated the importance of your bulletin. I'm confident you will continue your good work on "Entertainment Weekly Hourly"

Don't like it, don't read it.
Yet, somehow, after all these years that simple solution keeps escaping you.
Whose problem is it, really?

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 247
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015