AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Feeling Usonian Automatic ? Frank Lloyd Wright house for sale in my old 'hood
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 15, 2018 03:22PM
[www.stltoday.com]

The listing
[www.savewright.org]

Strangely I never ever saw the house. Nestled back of the beyond in the old neighborhood.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Feeling Usonian Automatic ? Frank Lloyd Wright house for sale in my old 'hood
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 15, 2018 03:26PM
....Pappa......can you hear me.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Feeling Usonian Automatic ? Frank Lloyd Wright house for sale in my old 'hood
Posted by: AllGold
Date: May 15, 2018 06:39PM
The entire house is built of pre-cast, terra-cotta-tinted concrete blocks, formed on a 2-foot module.

Not that I'm a FLW expert, but I haven't seen that in other houses.

I love FLW, but I hate his no-garage insistence and if I actually had the money for a house like that, I would have to add a garage of some sort.

I have never actually been in a FLW-designed house, however, I have been in one designed by one of his disciples.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 16, 2018 10:06AM
....since he is deceased now....does that mean there is no longer a.....Mr. Wright [ for the ladies out there ]....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 16, 2018 06:25PM
Coincidentally, I toured the FLW Home and Studio and FLW-designed Unity Temple in Oak Park, IL, today. Touring the Robie House in South Side Chi-town tomorrow.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Bo
Date: May 16, 2018 07:18PM
Twice a year when I pay my property taxes I get to wander through a FLW building. He designed our local civic center. Cool building to be inside. Rides that line between nostalgia and futurism. It was featured heavily in Gattaca

[www.google.com]

Also got to tour Taliesen West over the holidays. Another very cool facility. Was surprised to hear it is still an active architecture school.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 16, 2018 09:46PM
Bo
It was featured heavily in Gattaca.

So was this building, located on the campus of my alma mater, Cal Poly Pomons:

It is what it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015