advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
cause and effect?!.....Tesla fatal crash in Switzerland being investigated......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 16, 2018 11:53AM
.....they think may have been fire in the car battery.....

Swiss prosecutors investigate fatal Tesla crash

.....Swiss prosecutors have begun looking into the circumstances of a fatal crash of a Tesla electric car last week that firefighters think may have set off a fire in the vehicle's battery.

A spokesman for prosecutors in the southern canton of Ticino said authorities were examining what led to the accident. It was too early to discuss the cause at this stage, he added.

"So far the only thing for sure is that there was an accident with a Tesla," he said, declining to say when results of the investigation are expected.

Tesla said it was also looking into the incident.

"We are deeply saddened by this accident and we are working to establish the facts of the incident and offer our full cooperation to local authorities," a company spokesman said.

"Tesla has not yet received any data from the car and thus does not know the facts of what occurred, although it appeared to be a high-speed collision."

A 48-year-German driver died when his car hit the barrier on the central reservation of a motorway in Ticino, rolled over and burst into flames.

The crash on Thursday was one of several accidents to affect Tesla vehicles in recent days.

On Friday a Tesla Model S crashed at speed into a truck in South Jordan, Utah.

The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is also reviewing a Florida crash of a Tesla vehicle last week, resulting in the death of two teenagers.

fatal crash............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2018 11:55AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: cause and effect?!.....Tesla fatal crash in Switzerland being investigated......
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 16, 2018 01:26PM
Tesla gets negative press the way Apple does. Nobody cares about the hundreds of people who die every day in traffic accidents all over the US. But a Tesla is involved ? ZOMG !

Gotta wonder if there is some sort of agenda here, driven by Big Auto....
Re: cause and effect?!.....Tesla fatal crash in Switzerland being investigated......
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: May 16, 2018 01:39PM
Teslas are way too flammable. Those batteries are dangerous.

Cars filled with gas and diesel are much safer and people don't worry about them bursting into flames.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: [macswap.org] LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: billb
Date: May 16, 2018 01:47PM
Human lungs took a back seat to the fancies of diesel aficionados also.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: May 16, 2018 02:13PM
cbelt3
Tesla gets negative press the way Apple does. Nobody cares about the hundreds of people who die every day in traffic accidents all over the US. But a Tesla is involved ? ZOMG !

Gotta wonder if there is some sort of agenda here, driven by Big Auto....

Bah! Or more accurately, baa baa baaaaaaaaa!

Once we place nonhuman animals outside our sphere of moral consideration
and treat them as things we use to satisfy our own desires,
the outcome is predictable.
- Peter Singer
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 16, 2018 02:43PM
Put on your tinfoil hat 'cause Big ICE is out to smear poor Daddy Musk! Don't look behind the curtain!

Yes, thousands die every year in/from gas and diesel crashes and nobody every does one thing about that. Well some people do something— complain in forums about agenda and fairness. No other manufacturer's auto-car crashes have ever been reported. Ever. Just Tesla crashes! The conspiracy thickens.

So because many more die in ICE collisions we should kick back and let Daddy be shielded from the media because surely any reporting of a Tesla collision is negative reporting. Daddy will tell is when auto-cars are ready and until then we just need to keep a blind eye.

What BS. I want to know why an auto-car crashed. Was the car in auto-mode or not? IF so, what should the car have done in a particular scenario?

It seems to me that so far the only negativity comes from commenters who don't know better than to assume facts not in evidence. A Tesla spokesman was quick to contact the Swiss authorities. The Swiss said it's too soon... All we know at this time... Oh, the humanity, slamming Daddy like that. How will we ever survive that onslaught of negative press!

Musk and eventually others will try to sell us on this tech. Just because ideally it could/would be safer than ICE vehicles doesn't mean development gets a pass. Tell us what happened and why. 'The car is probably a better driver than the driver anyway' isn't good enough. Air travel is safer than driving. That doesn't mean we shoulden't question plane crashes or that they shouldn't be reported.

And the sooner the general public realizes how safe the cars are and that pilot error is the problem, if that's the case, the easier it is for Daddy to move forward. Or the tech will still kill a lot of people and as long as it's fewer than ICE cars, who cares.

Aren't all y'all big Darwin fans, anyway? Win-Win.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 16, 2018 03:17PM
It's all about perspective. You don't have any.

RAMd®d
Put on your tinfoil hat 'cause Big ICE is out to smear poor Daddy Musk! Don't look behind the curtain!

Yes, thousands die every year in/from gas and diesel crashes and nobody every does one thing about that. Well some people do something— complain in forums about agenda and fairness. No other manufacturer's auto-car crashes have ever been reported. Ever. Just Tesla crashes! The conspiracy thickens.

So because many more die in ICE collisions we should kick back and let Daddy be shielded from the media because surely any reporting of a Tesla collision is negative reporting. Daddy will tell is when auto-cars are ready and until then we just need to keep a blind eye.

What BS. I want to know why an auto-car crashed. Was the car in auto-mode or not? IF so, what should the car have done in a particular scenario?

It seems to me that so far the only negativity comes from commenters who don't know better than to assume facts not in evidence. A Tesla spokesman was quick to contact the Swiss authorities. The Swiss said it's too soon... All we know at this time... Oh, the humanity, slamming Daddy like that. How will we ever survive that onslaught of negative press!

Musk and eventually others will try to sell us on this tech. Just because ideally it could/would be safer than ICE vehicles doesn't mean development gets a pass. Tell us what happened and why. 'The car is probably a better driver than the driver anyway' isn't good enough. Air travel is safer than driving. That doesn't mean we shoulden't question plane crashes or that they shouldn't be reported.

And the sooner the general public realizes how safe the cars are and that pilot error is the problem, if that's the case, the easier it is for Daddy to move forward. Or the tech will still kill a lot of people and as long as it's fewer than ICE cars, who cares.

Aren't all y'all big Darwin fans, anyway? Win-Win.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 16, 2018 04:00PM
It's all about perspective. You don't have any.

Sure I do.

You're confused. It's agenda I don't have.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 190
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015