advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PhotoBucket
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: May 18, 2018 03:42PM
I used PhotoBucket for years and all over the interwebs there are 100s of pictures on forums that I have posted. Last year they decided to do away with the free 3rd party hosting service and came up with $399.99 per year for the same service. I certainly was grateful that I had many years of free 3rd party hosting and would have been willing to pay something but that seemed excessive so I started looking around for alternatives. Never really found an ideal one and all the time Photobucket were sending me emails with offers and I did wonder how low would they go. Yesterday I received the latest and I finally bit. Up until that point my not quite free (I paid about $5 to be ad free) service gave me 2GB storage and for the last year no 3rd party hosting. I just paid $19.99 to get 3rd party, no ads and they've upped the storage to 10GB. I checked a few and it appears that my photos on forums that got changed to that black and white square have been reinstated.

Paul

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PhotoBucket
Posted by: max
Date: May 18, 2018 05:06PM
A modern version of traditional haggling, I see in China every day, when dealing with foreigners, start outrageously high and work hard to a more reasonable level....
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 18, 2018 06:20PM
"Photobucket has a new management team that wants to do the right thing. We are committed to earning back your trust and offering comprehensive and flexible image storage and hosting options for our customers. We’ve taken your feedback and made some changes to our pricing model that allows us to offer competitively priced plans that fit the needs of all of our customers.

Today, our current customers’ hosted images have been restored and Photobucket is introducing a new pricing plan that is built around everyone’s needs.

For a limited time, we are offering a new, competitive subscription package that includes ad-free storage and 3rd party image hosting for just $1.99 per month, or $19.99 per year - which is 95 percent less than the previous pricing model."

No mention of the storage size. But I assume it's the 10GB you mentioned.

[support.photobucket.com]-
Posted by: 3d
Date: May 18, 2018 06:23PM
Interesting. All the previously broken photobucket forum pic links are now live and active.
That's a step in the right direction. thumbs up
Posted by: billb
Date: May 18, 2018 07:50PM
All those broken pics had to be bad advertising.

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin
BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 286
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015