advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Small , quality flashlights (led is ok) with good switches that don't break
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: May 28, 2018 07:26PM
I need a source for decent quality, small flashlights ..with good switches that don't break..also it would be nice if they had a soft rubber grip so it's comfy if you have to hold them with your TEETH..that is, if you have any teeth..do you? you should get some if you dont. teeth. and flashlights for them teef.

I've been picking them up at the box stores here and there and these really suck for the most part.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Small , quality flashlights (led is ok) with good switches that don't break
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: May 28, 2018 07:35PM
Have you tried head-mounted LED task light(s)?

Usually take 3 AAA batteries and provide a switch that selects 1, 2, or 3 LEDs to light up. Great for barn work in winter, leaves hands free to muck about. As it were.

=TC
Posted by: michaelb
Date: May 28, 2018 07:39PM
I am a bit addicted to collecting small quality flashlights. What do you mean by small? to me, that is a single AAA or smaller. Anything bigger than a single AA is "large". Since you want to hold these in your teeth, I would go AAA. By switch, do you mean a side switch or are you ok with a tail clicky?

This is not high tech anymore in terms of the LED, this model has been on the market for a long time, but the good thing about that is that this is a still a really high quality light with an excellent tail switch and it has had 1000s of positive reviews on Amazon (going back more than 5 years). Edited to note that the negative reviews currently on amazon are from folks that bought fakes; so buy from Amazon as the seller or direct from Streamlight.

[www.amazon.com]

I could come up with a lots of other ideas though depending on price.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2018 07:44PM by michaelb.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: May 28, 2018 07:50PM
a single AA is typical..

any sort of switch is fine as long as it doesn't flake out..

caber..looking cylindrical, basic stuff..thanks tho
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 28, 2018 07:56PM
.....the Rogue Icons were nice......and picked up quite a few way back......think the company went out of business like 6 years ago but the flashlight is great......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Spiff
Date: May 28, 2018 08:08PM
[www.olightstore.com]

In particular, I like the S2 baton. Don’t bother with the base charging light. It’s a cool idea but not practical. I have never had one of these lights fail, and I have 4 or 5 of them.
Posted by: miK.
Date: May 28, 2018 08:44PM
I've been partial to the Fenix lights since buying one several years ago based on a recommendation from here I believe...

Fenix E12 Flashlight 130 Lumens

Sometimes I wonder, "What would Hodor say in this situation?" - Jim Gaffigan

Posted by: michaelb
Date: May 28, 2018 11:00PM
I have had fenix lights for a long long time, and also own an Olight S2 baton, and have probably recommended both at times on this forum. If I wanted a AA light and money was not really a concern, i.e. I wanted quality, I would get one of the Zebralights (they have lots of variations that are all pretty similar).

I can't help you with the soft rubber for the teeth. There aren't really good plastic lights, maybe a Pelican dive light. Streamlight does offer versions of its lights for industrial settings in plastic though. I do use my teeth all the time (as I said above, the micro stream is pretty much perfect). But a magnetic tail cap is also extremely helpful for working (the s2 baton has a magnet).

I like my thrunite light. They have a 1xAA light. this has a funky interface maybe with a tail clicky (tactical) and side switch for modes. So you may not like that. But seems like an interesting light as an example:

[www.thrunite.com]

You haven't mentioned any actual features of the light. Once you jump out of the endless generic lights on Amazon or the big box stores, so more than say $20, this stuff starts to matter. So color rendition or high CRI, modes, including memory, and regulated output. I think part of the reason I have long coveted the various thrunite light options is they have long offered "firefly" mode, and I love lights with a moonlight or firefly mode.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 29, 2018 09:49AM
I need a source for decent quality, small flashlights

I've been picking them up at the box stores here and there and these really suck for the most part.

Do you need a number of them? A price point might help with recommendations.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 226
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018