advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
bed, bath & beyond?!....American Airlines making a change [ not a good thing ].......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 31, 2018 09:51PM
....making bathrooms on planes even smaller......because they are so big right now....

American Airlines shrinks bathrooms to 24 inches

.....Everything seems to be shrinking on airlines. You can add bathrooms to the list. American Airlines tiny new bathrooms will test the limits of what U.S. passengers will put up with.

The airlines that flies more people more miles than any other in the world is ignoring the complaints of its own flight attendants and consumer advocates with new restrooms that are just 24-inches wide.

The tiny bathrooms are on the airlines brand new Boeing 737-Max airplanes. People have complains that they are too small and problematic for use by most adults.

The single-isle planes feature around 156 economy seats and two economy bathrooms. One blogger noted that the narrow sink and its high-powered water stream make spraying water on yourself an inevitability (if you can get into the bathroom).

The first of the new planes were being used on a LaGuardia to Miami route.

And a side note, the FAA doesn't actually require planes even provide restrooms.

it's a small world.......after all.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: bed, bath & beyond?!....American Airlines making a change [ not a good thing ].......
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 01, 2018 12:10AM
Wonder how they skirt ADA requirements.

It is what it is.
Re: bed, bath & beyond?!....American Airlines making a change [ not a good thing ].......
Posted by: space-time
Date: June 01, 2018 06:30AM
how wide are current bathrooms? they already seem tiny to me, but at least I can turn around. I suspect some passengers will have to enter restrooms with their butt facing the toilets when they go #2 since they won't be able to turn around inside, LOL
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 01, 2018 07:49AM
space-time
how wide are current bathrooms? they already seem tiny to me, but at least I can turn around. I suspect some passengers will have to enter restrooms with their butt facing the toilets when they go #2 since they won't be able to turn around inside, LOL

Back in 1988, a woman have birth in a DC-10 bathroom.

[articles.latimes.com]
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 01, 2018 10:38AM
N-OS X-tasy!
Wonder how they skirt ADA requirements.

We'll find out when the first person forced to buy 2 tickets because they are too wide tries to crap on the plane.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 01, 2018 10:39AM
....and no more....'mile high club'.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 01, 2018 04:36PM
How long before it's just a bucket by the emergency exit?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 01, 2018 06:07PM
with paper $.25 a square.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 165
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018