advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iOS videocam app that saves previous 30 seconds?
Posted by: gabester
Date: June 13, 2018 12:51AM
I'm looking for a video camera app that saves something like the previous 30 seconds when you hit a record button... But I'm not even sure what this functionality would be called to search for it.

I envision having the camera on and running capturing video, but it's purging out continuously... until you hit a button that actually saves from the moment the button is hit back to (ideally several arbitrary selectable times like 5, 15, 30, 60 seconds...)

Heard looks kind of like what I'm looking for, but it's audio only, and I really want video.

I feel like some of the dashcam or security cam apps might do this... but I'm more looking for something oriented towards sports or events.

If there's a better one for Android, please share that, I'm platform agnostic!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iOS videocam app that saves previous 30 seconds?
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: June 13, 2018 06:00AM
A DashCam App might work well. Also, you can get stand alone dash cams pretty inexpensively.
[www.google.com]
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 13, 2018 07:58AM
Ken Sp.
A DashCam App might work well. Also, you can get stand alone dash cams pretty inexpensively.
[www.google.com]

agree smiley
This is how dashcams work.
Posted by: jonny
Date: June 13, 2018 10:40AM
AfterCam
Posted by: Gareth
Date: June 13, 2018 11:13AM
DeusxMac
Ken Sp.
[www.google.com]

agree smiley
This is how dashcams work.

Dashcams record specified lengths of clips (usually, 1, 3, or 5 minutes) and record until the card is full and then overwrite the previous clips. They have an "emergency" button that will lock the current file to prevent it from being overwritten. Standalone dashcams usually have crappy batteries (really just meant to support the dash cam closing its current file when you shut off the car, and maybe for an emergency clip or two after an accident) and super wide angle lenses (from 140 to 170 degrees), which means if you were using it for sports from the stands, the players would be tiny, and you'd need to have it plugged into a USB battery pack.

AfterCam as jonny mentioned or something similar would seem like a better choice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 250
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018