advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Jogger follow up to thread below
Posted by: Bo
Date: June 13, 2018 01:06AM
A lot of people seemed interested in the jogger thread earlier in the week. Thought I'd post a follow up in a new thread since that one is about to drop off the front page.

Looks like an arrest has been made...
[www.sfgate.com]

And a second video of the same guy in a follow up incident (explicit language):
[www.facebook.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Jogger follow up to thread below
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 13, 2018 06:08AM
Thank you for the follow-up.

The article is vague on details, but it looks like there aren't any charges related to the actual vandalism of the homeless man's encampment. The robbery charge stems from taking the cellphone from the witness.

I like McElhaney's statement, but there doesn't seem to be any charge related to the actual destruction of the encampment. What will the DDA actual charge, today? I imagine Sintay will plead to a lesser offense, if given the chance. Otherwise it will be an interesting and possibly raucous trial.

No FaceBook, so the second video is a mystery to me. I wonder if anything in it provided additional charges.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 13, 2018 07:08AM
RAMd®d
No FaceBook, so the second video is a mystery to me. I wonder if anything in it provided additional charges.

Click the Facebook link anyway.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 13, 2018 09:14AM

RAMd®d
Thank you for the follow-up.

The article is vague on details, but it looks like there aren't any charges related to the actual vandalism of the homeless man's encampment. The robbery charge stems from taking the cellphone from the witness.

I like McElhaney's statement, but there doesn't seem to be any charge related to the actual destruction of the encampment. What will the DDA actual charge, today? I imagine Sintay will plead to a lesser offense, if given the chance. Otherwise it will be an interesting and possibly raucous trial.
Say what?? Touch my baby, and I’ll pry it from your cold, dead hands.

Okay. Maybe not dead. But I’mma mess you up.

Remarkably, it’s what appears to be a video of the guy stealing the bystander’s cell phone.

Apparently, the jogger returned at some point to fish out the portion of the goods that ended up in the lake; I’m guessing because there’s been a lot of buzz about him being charged for dumping in the lake.

The phone’s owner records him as he questions the jogger about the incident and the jogger frantically tries to walk the whole thing back. He claims the stuff in the lake just “fell in” — there were witnesses who saw him drag it to the lake and throw it in — and that he supposedly cleans up “garbage” around the neighborhood all the time.

Under the pretext of ‘fistbumping’ the bystander, he appears to assault the phone’s owner, taking the phone and running. Unfortunately for him, the phone kept recording, capturing him running and urging a friend of his to run also.

According to the victim, he pursued the jogger and was assaulted by both him and the friend, and was dragged some distance by the car they used to escape; suffering a mild concussion and other minor injuries.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 13, 2018 10:01AM
Speedy, thanks for the suggestion to click the link.

The video didn't play, at first, but the reading was just 'WOW!'. Then it finally loaded.

BB, thanks for filling in the - uh - blanks.

After knowing more about the actual robbery, I'd like to think there'll be no plea deal. But likely there'll be negotiation over sentencing.

I like Matt's interview style. Did I here correctly- the crook asking the other guy if he was recording? I hope this makes KTVU's news.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 13, 2018 12:45PM
"I like Matt's interview style."

Me too. He stays calm, asks direct and pertinent questions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 207
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015