advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon Seller : "create a review, and we will send you a free gift".... but wait !
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 13, 2018 10:37AM
So, fine. I did a review. It was accurate. I noted issues with the product, noted what I liked and what I didn't like. Did not rate it 5 stars. And they are sending the 'free gift' anyway. That is a good bit of business. Unlike many who demand a '5 stars' review or no freebie.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon Seller : "create a review, and we will send you a free gift".... but wait !
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 13, 2018 12:48PM
Sorry, cbelt, but I still find this ethically questionable.
Re: Amazon Seller : "create a review, and we will send you a free gift".... but wait !
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: June 13, 2018 01:01PM
I've done the same, honest review, got another microphone for that. I'm guessing they only are after the review volume, as it probably pulls their product into a higher sales category.
Posted by: rz
Date: June 13, 2018 01:09PM
mrbigstuff
I've done the same, honest review, got another microphone for that. I'm guessing they only are after the review volume, as it probably pulls their product into a higher sales category.

I actually have no problem if that's the case. I get hounded all the time to review things I've bought on Amazon. I will only write one if the item is either spectacularly awesome, or craptacularly awful. I think a lot of vendors get worried when their item doesn't have a lot of reviews because people tend to compare items by looking at reviews. And I'll admit, I'd usually buy something with 1,000 reviews averaging four stars than one with only three reviews averaging five stars (assuming price/features are similar).
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 13, 2018 04:09PM
pdq
Sorry, cbelt, but I still find this ethically questionable.
I tend to agree. I was tempted to create a bad review just to test them.
I review a lot of stuff on Amazon if it deserves it. And I've put in a few real baddies.

Like this one, for an obsolete vendor bricked product that a third party seller is STILL selling !

OBSOLETE - Will NOT WORK. DO NOT BUY.
June 10, 2018
Quirky has obsolete this product and no longer supports it. After July 1, 2018 , every PLINK-HUB1 in use will stop working.
From a customer support email... "Wink users no longer have the option to add a Link Hub to their account, and as of July 1, 2018 Wink will end GE Hub support. We are also in the process of removing the GE Link Hub starter kit from the Wink website to avoid confusion"
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 13, 2018 04:39PM
cbelt3
OBSOLETE - Will NOT WORK. DO NOT BUY.

Well, okay. Just that review is pretty good penance for the one where they gave you something.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 271
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015