advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple Store Nightmare
Posted by: CW2V
Date: June 13, 2018 12:37PM
So now its been two weeks since I dropped off my work computer (iMac 27 5k). It's only about 6 months old. Long story as short as possible, they could not help with data transfer (Target disk mode), took over a week to get logic board, but still had problem, They might've changed power supply, and then two days ago said it passed all diagnostics (they said that the first day too, but it would not take an OS re-install. Kept restarting)... Sooo, another attempt after replacing parts to install OS. Two days later, no news. Every time I call, I get no answer for at least four or five attempts. Finally got through, they still can't install OS, so they are "Going to keep trying for a couple of days" before they get a new HD in... ... ?....

I'm thinking I need a Leader to step in here to just give us a new iMac Pro for our troubles.

Over two weeks? It's not like they're flying tiny instruments in from El Paso...

CW2V
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple Store Nightmare
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 13, 2018 12:57PM
Bummer. Id prob skip the store at this point and just call apple care. be nice, be patient, be prepared to tell the whole story twice.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 13, 2018 12:59PM
I'd call Apple. Stress that this is a work computer, and that being without it is costing you money. Not all Apple Stores or reps are created equal; if one isn' t helping, try another. Good luck!

"Know Your Rights – What To Do If Your Apple Turns Out To Be A Lemon"

[www.cultofmac.com]
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 13, 2018 01:18PM
This is one of the fundamental problems when a SSD is soldered to the motherboard. If they have it longer than a week and can't fix it, they really should give you a new computer (the cultofmac page doesn't list a time frame).

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: June 13, 2018 01:30PM
jdc
Bummer. Id prob skip the store at this point and just call apple care. be nice, be patient, be prepared to tell the whole story twice.

And ask that they replace your computer with a new one.

It is what it is.
Posted by: saintyohann
Date: June 13, 2018 01:32PM
Don't call the store, call Apple directly. If you tell them the computer has been in service for two weeks and you no longer have confidence they can fix the issue, they will replace your computer with a new one.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 13, 2018 01:38PM
look up your state's lemon laws and see if you can use that for leverage when you call apple
Posted by: saintyohann
Date: June 13, 2018 01:40PM
hal
look up your state's lemon laws and see if you can use that for leverage when you call apple

He doesn't need to look up any laws, it's Apple's policy to replace a unit if it's been in the shop for > 2 weeks. But you have to ask.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 13, 2018 05:35PM
Wasn't there once a different, higher level department than Apple Care? Customer Care?

be nice, be patient, be prepared to tell the whole story twice.

I second that. Once. LOL

'Look guys... I think I've been pretty patient. It seems to take longer and longer to get my Mac repaired, and I really need it back. It seems like it would be more efficient to just replace the whole thing, give the time frame and number of pieces that have been tried so far..."

Or maybe something more eloquent, and slightly needy?

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men
except by believing all possible evil
of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* Sigs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mrlynn
Date: June 13, 2018 08:43PM
saintyohann
hal

He doesn't need to look up any laws, it's Apple's policy to replace a unit if it's been in the shop for > 2 weeks. But you have to ask.

I didn't know that. Very useful to know. Though I hope I don't need to know it. . .

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"
Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Founded in 1948 by Pappy Ben Minnich
Saturdays 9am - 1pm Eastern
WHRB-FM, Cambridge, MA
Streaming at [www.WHRB.org]
Be there!

The HAH weblog: [hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com]

Topical weblog: [walkingcreekworld.wordpress.com]

On the river in Saxonville.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 13, 2018 10:15PM
A new logic board takes 24hrs. It gets overnighted by Apple. I'd give them another day to do the replacement. So, 2 days. Not a week. If it took a week then they were messing with you from the start.

Believe it or not, you can escalate Apple Store problems via the 1-800-SOS-APPLE line. Make sure that you have the serial number handy. Call them, tell them that the store has had your Mac for weeks now and that you can't get a straight story about what's going on. Ask them to review the service-record with you and see what the Apple Store has reported about the Mac.

The store manager doesn't want to get dinged by Apple and I wouldn't be surprised if his people have failed to put a lot of stuff in GSX. Once you've got Apple Corporate involved you will likely see a very quick resolution.

Posted by: hal
Date: June 13, 2018 10:33PM
GSX?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 188
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015